Firing Range Bots not functioning properly

Champion

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RX 580
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? XHelperZ
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Firing Range
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Activating the firing range bots and interacting with them
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? The Firing Range Bots A-Pose with their gun in the default model position. Once this happens bots become unresponsive to the player and ignore the player. Other bots might A-Pose when getting close to other firing range bots, otherwise they will just follow their random path and ignore the player.
What should be happening instead? Firing range bots should track the user and shoot at them no matter how close they are.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1: Activate the firing range bots Step 2: Observe normal behaviour from bots when interacting with them from a distance Step 3: Observe abnormal behaviour from bots when interacting with them right against them

Video proof uploaded to youtube: 

https://youtu.be/cW15klRbQ28 (I'm working on the quality, though I think it showcases it perfectly fine, reproducing it is pretty much guaranteed too)

(Only showcases the abnormal behaviour, though bots should behave normally when you don't stand next to them)

Message 1 of 5 (1,038 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Firing Range Bots not functioning properly

Community Manager
@XHelperZ Thanks for the post.

As we in the other thread I'm not sure if the spawn animation is an intended change, but we'll see if it is. Solid feedback if it's not, anyway.

The weird behavior when the AI is activated is being looked into, good video demonstrating it.
David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (977 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

Adding a longer video with better quality: https://youtu.be/UacqpoJ0woM

The bots might show the weird behaviour despite me not being near them at all, I think this is caused by the other players in the lobby being close to the bots, resulting in the whacky A-Pose and the gun being set to the default/fallback position.

Also noticed that when bots are respawned (With AI turned off) that they spawn with them facing the wrong side and slowly moving into the correct position, this can be seen in the second part of the video marked by the timestamps.

Also adding in a related Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/109ulun/looks_like_they_messed_up_the_bots_in_the_firi...

Message 2 of 5 (999 Views)

Community Manager
@XHelperZ Thanks for the post.

As we in the other thread I'm not sure if the spawn animation is an intended change, but we'll see if it is. Solid feedback if it's not, anyway.

The weird behavior when the AI is activated is being looked into, good video demonstrating it.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 5 (978 Views)

★ Apprentice

Any update on this ???

Im having the same problem. Bots random freeze and no or very little interaction with player.

Also when i first go into the firing range I have another 2 random players in there with me.

Once i quit and go back in its fine.

Message 4 of 5 (672 Views)

Champion

@EvolvingEinstien 

From what I've seen from footage on the internal build, this should be resolved with the launch of S16.

S16 should launch the upcoming Tuesday, so it should be fixed by then.

As for the random player bug in the Firing Range, this has been investigated too, if I'm correct they already have a fix for this ready, which will most likely be deployed with the launch of S16 too. 

Message 5 of 5 (626 Views)