Code:net Error

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX960 4GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 24GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Karfle
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Loading into game/menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Loading into game/menu
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 4/11/2021
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When I boot up the game, it takes a long time to get to the continue(login) screen. Once there, the background animations are choppy/laggy, but when I try to connect to the menu it gives me a "connection timed out" error. The few times I have made it to the menu the game was severely lagging, and the one time I was able to queue for a game it sent me back to the menu and gave me a "code:net" error. I have a brother using the same router/internet connection, playing Apex WITH ME in his lobby and he has absolutely no problems at all with connection. I am 100% certain it is a network error but I am unsure what is causing it, and whether it is something with me or with Respawn. No other games have this problem, and my internet speed test consistently puts me at 500mb/s upload and download. I have tried: Restarting my router, Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it (Using steam or origin), Verifying the integrity of the game files, Flushing my DNS, Using a different DNS. None have worked.
What should be happening instead? It It should be letting me load into the menu and queue for games. It has been over a week since I've been able to play.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea, I believe it's a server problem and possibly tied to my account?

Please help me, I just want to play this game again.

Message 1 of 6 (422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Code:net Error

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent So I turned my audio quality in windows control panel from DVD to CD (48khz to 44.1khz or something like that) and it fixed both the connection and audio problems and visual problems. Not really sure why but I don't really care. Just happy to find the answer.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (345 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Karfle

Have you tried setting a static IP on your PC to see if that helps? I've seen some cases where that can fix similar issues. 

The Port Forward website has step-by-step instructions on how you can set up a static IP. Once you're able to give it a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (384 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent This worked pretty well to get the game started, thank you. I'm not sure if this is related to the problem but there are audio glitches in game where sound will cut out and my gun model will become invisible.
Message 3 of 6 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_KentJust played a game, when we dropped I couldn't see any gun models either on the ground or in my hand, and enemies were invisible. Also after I got downed it sent me back to the login screen with the "code:net" error.

Message 4 of 6 (361 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent So I turned my audio quality in windows control panel from DVD to CD (48khz to 44.1khz or something like that) and it fixed both the connection and audio problems and visual problems. Not really sure why but I don't really care. Just happy to find the answer.
Message 5 of 6 (346 Views)

Community Manager

@Karfle 

Good to know! Thank you for taking the time to follow up here and share this. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (287 Views)