Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot access gift inbox or News tabs

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series S
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? glowstickGO
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. NA
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? NA
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? NA
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. lobby menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing, just happens
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? NA
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2021
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? i cannot access the news tab or the gifting inbox tab. whenever i hit RT or hit the button nothing happens.
What should be happening instead? when i hit RT or the news button i should see the news boxes / inbox
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea. I dont remember when this bug started to occur. It has occured since at least 2021.

This bug only happens on my account. when another account is logged in on the same xbox, their news tab shows up just fine. This issue also occurs on last gen consoles, with my account only.

Message 1 of 7 (1,558 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot access gift inbox or News tabs

Community Manager
@glowstiiick Can you try resetting your Xbox privacy settings to default and see if that has an impact. You can also check at https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/privacy/index in case something's blocked which might be preventing this from showing.
David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,528 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@glowstiiick Can you try resetting your Xbox privacy settings to default and see if that has an impact. You can also check at https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/privacy/index in case something's blocked which might be preventing this from showing.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,529 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did both of these and a day later my news tab started to work correctly. Ill probably go back and experiment to see which option disables it. Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 7 (1,479 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@glowstiiick If you would like to know what exactly you need to look for, it is the top checkbox I this section, and only that check box, I had the same problem earlier, and it was solved thanks to @EA_David 

here is the checkbox, you only need to check the one that I have checked: 

EC3919BC-D15C-4C3B-A350-B4FDB8D4103B.jpeg

Message 4 of 7 (1,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can’t check that box because it’s grayed out for me. Any solutions for that? 

Message 5 of 7 (820 Views)

Community Manager

I don't know if it's the case here, but usually restrictions around such options are related to using Child/teen accounts which haven't hit the age of majority in your region. Perhaps that's a factor?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (792 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How would you fix this

Message 7 of 7 (448 Views)