Can't select my Legend

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Rafarel
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. waiting for the legend selection UI to appear
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. waiting for the legend selection UI to appear
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.07.21 ??:?? Europe/Paris
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I have the loading screen with the renderer 3d map but with no UI element at all (see screenshot), then I wait for the legend selection screen to appear. It didn't appeared at all, I can hear the music that usually plays during legend selection phase but No sound effects or quip (legends talking) Then I'm in game with my last used legend (if available)
What should be happening instead? Legend selection screen should appear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know and as a game dev I know its embarrassing ^^

I have the loading screen with the renderer 3d map but with no UI element at all (see screenshot), then I wait for the legend selection screen to appear. It didn't appeared at all, I can hear the music that usually plays during legend selection phase but No sound effects or quip (legends talking) Then I'm in game with my last used legend (if available)

Message 1 of 13 (4,320 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't select my Legend

Community Manager

Hi @Rafarel

Have you already tried repairing Apex Legends to see if that helps? 

If you're using Origin you can repair the game by right-clicking on Apex Legends in your Library and clicking the Repair option when the menu pops up. If you're using Steam try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. You can find more info on how to verify the file integrity at the Steam Support website

Let me know if you're still running into the same issue after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (4,284 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Rafarel

Have you already tried repairing Apex Legends to see if that helps? 

If you're using Origin you can repair the game by right-clicking on Apex Legends in your Library and clicking the Repair option when the menu pops up. If you're using Steam try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. You can find more info on how to verify the file integrity at the Steam Support website

Let me know if you're still running into the same issue after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (4,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same issue on PS4

Message 3 of 13 (4,244 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @jcrowe1979

This is something we're currently investigating. Thanks for bearing with us while we're looking into this. 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 13 (4,189 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing has happened to me for a few weeks on ps4, thought it would stop after season 10 began but it happened right on my first match.

Message 5 of 13 (4,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I experience this on Xbox one S as well

Message 6 of 13 (4,014 Views)

Community Manager

@_Left_Blank_07 @Rafarel Thanks for the posts, I believe a patch went out to address this a little while ago, we'll flag that the issue is back. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 13 (4,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah it happened to me in season 9 to 10 on PS4.

Message 8 of 13 (3,867 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, is there any word on a fix for this yet? Happening on almost every game now on Ps4. Very frustrating

Message 9 of 13 (3,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue on PS4 almost every game now. It started about 2 weeks before season 10 came out.

Message 10 of 13 (3,646 Views)