Apex massive stutter in game.

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 2080 SUPER
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? FeistyFlamex
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Rivatuner
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Loba
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Octane and Maggie
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Nothing to do with the part of the maps I just get in the lobby like that
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. the game started like that
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? A few
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02-08-2022
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? So when I get into the game the game just literally stutters like crazy showing the prediction error over and over. it seems like when you exit the game and open it again (restarting) it gets fixed and the stuttering is over however when playing ranked and this issue happens It's just very annoying. also when getting downed the stuttering and the prediction error icon also goes away until someone revives you.
What should be happening instead? No crazy stuttering? seems like it might be a bug.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea it can happen randomly with any match. the issue doesn't come in randomly in a game the bug is there when a game starts.

So when I get into the game the game just literally stutters like crazy showing the prediction error over and over. it seems like when you exit the game and open it again (restarting) it gets fixed and the stuttering is over however when playing ranked and this issue happens It's just very annoying. also when getting downed the stuttering and the prediction error icon also goes away until someone revives you.

Message 1 of 5 (580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex massive stutter in game.

Community Manager

Hey @FeistyFlamex

Apologies for the delayed response on this. 

If you're still running into the same stuttering, can we try out a few things to see if we can help fix it? A good place to start out would be with the basic and advanced connection troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. 

It might also be a good idea to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps as well. That way if there's anything else running that's connected to these issues that could help narrow it down. For more details on how you can set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website

If you're still running into the same issue after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (511 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @FeistyFlamex

Apologies for the delayed response on this. 

If you're still running into the same stuttering, can we try out a few things to see if we can help fix it? A good place to start out would be with the basic and advanced connection troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. 

It might also be a good idea to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps as well. That way if there's anything else running that's connected to these issues that could help narrow it down. For more details on how you can set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website

If you're still running into the same issue after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (512 Views)

★★★ Novice

Haven't looked at reporting it until now, though this has been happening for months, to me and several of my friends, and the fix has always been to Alt+F4 and rejoin the game, though there is only a chance this will fix the issue. Sometimes, just like in the game I just played, after 7 restarts the game is still unplayable. The game works for others in the lobby including friends, though not you when the bug happens. It's often like you're running into yourself constantly, you can never reach full speed or jump correctly, heals are bugged in that they take 2-3 times longer to pop, and sometimes the animation can be bugged too, for instance if you switch and pull out a med kit, you might see a battery come out for a second then the medkit animation. 

Message 3 of 5 (393 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Arwithout

Thanks for the info!

Are you seeing any of the in-game performance icons pop up when you notice this happening? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 5 (343 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, the prediction icon is present constantly. I have raised this in a separate bug as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Huge-random-stuttering-Unplayable/m-p/11677821#M87680

Message 5 of 5 (328 Views)