Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sentinel
bakkoda24

Re: Simcity 'Downloading Updated Data' stuck at 10%

comedydicknil69 wrote:

How do you turn off anti-virus and firewall?

Here's a video tutorial for Windows 7: Video Tutorial for Disabling Windows 7 Firewall

Please remember to turn it back on once the game is installed and updated.

Keeper
Leatherneck0629

I have the same problem.  All the Game Advisors in India cant fix this problem.  Contacted them 5 times.  Performed steps such as, Disable AntiVirus, Firewall, UAC.  Performed manual uninstall.  Changed compatibility modes from Windows 8 to Windows 7.  Even cleared out my DNS.  Still, no avail.  They cant figure it out and its piss poor customer service, and piss poor business.  They want an "ALL ONLINE" game.  Then it'd better work ONLINE!!!!!  WTF EA?!!!!

Sentinel
bakkoda24

leatherneck0629 wrote:

I have the same problem.  All the Game Advisors in India cant fix this problem.  Contacted them 5 times.  Performed steps such as, Disable AntiVirus, Firewall, UAC.  Performed manual uninstall.  Changed compatibility modes from Windows 8 to Windows 7.  Even cleared out my DNS.  Still, no avail.  They cant figure it out and its piss poor customer service, and piss poor business.  They want an "ALL ONLINE" game.  Then it'd better work ONLINE!!!!!  WTF EA?!!!!

Is it producing a specific error code, timing out, or just sitting there? I had to let my installer run most of the day and then over night before it was fully done installing and updating.

Keeper
Leatherneck0629

bakkoda24 wrote:

leatherneck0629 wrote:

Is it producing a specific error code, timing out, or just sitting there? I had to let my installer run most of the day and then over night before it was fully done installing and updating.

No error code.  Just sits there and then freezes. 

Keeper
outofordercc

I highly doubt this has anything to do with Anti-Virus and Firewalls as I'm having the same issue on my Mac.  Thus far had the game over a week and haven't been able to even play it.  What's the point of having an updater in Origin if the game is going to "do it again" and fail?  This whole thing just looks like a horrid botched up version of Steam.  And steam has it's OWN set of bugs to condend with and EA somehow has made it worse!.

Long live Humble Bundle and DRM free Games!! I don't have to deal with this crap with games from there:smileyhappy:  

Keeper
sk507d009

So there is no solution to this? Just bought simcity and havent even started playing it lol

Keeper
frederickchelin

Is there any solution??

thisi s really crazy for a reputed company like EA

sk507d009 wrote:

So there is no solution to this? Just bought simcity and havent even started playing it lol

Keeper
Leatherneck0629

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

While trying to download the update, I discovered that my fan would kick on and the computer would be running hard to process the update.  But it would update and progress percentage would go up.  That is, until the screensaver turned on, then it froze. I know this sounds like I have a slow machine, but I dont think I do.  I'm running a:

Alienware

M11xR3 (2011)

WIndows 8.1

Intel i7

Nvidia GT540m

16 GB RAM

Not much is running in the back round, other than Anti Virus, Firewall, Skype, and standard Windows 8.1 processes.  So I disabled the screensaver (standard Bubbles screensaver) and it fixed the updating and freezing issue.  Before, the program would freeze and it would stop updating.  Hope this helps.

Keeper
Dreeeeeeeeeeew

[ Edited ]

I have the possible solution go on the Origin program then right click on sim city and click 'show game details' after that click on 'game properties' and then tick the box saying 'Disable Origin in Game for this game'.

Pictures showing what to do:

Step 1: http://prntscr.com/2aok6t

Step 2&3: http://prntscr.com/2aok49

This is what worked for memine is currently downloading and has passed the 10/11freeze pointHopefully this works for you tooEnjoy!

EDIT: Realised that you can go straight to 'game properties' from right clicking and dont need to show details. Oh well :smileytongue:

Keeper
andybandie

dreeeeeeeeeeew wrote:

I have the possible solution go on the Origin program then right click on sim city and click 'show game details' after that click on 'game properties' and then tick the box saying 'Disable Origin in Game for this game'.

Pictures showing what to do:

Step 1: http://prntscr.com/2aok6t

Step 2&3: http://prntscr.com/2aok49

This is what worked for memine is currently downloading and has passed the 10/11freeze pointHopefully this works for you tooEnjoy!

EDIT: Realised that you can go straight to 'game properties' from right clicking and dont need to show details. Oh well :smileytongue:

It worked for me do it!