Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
aph2883

SMCY-16: Insufficient Disk Drive Space?

I received error code SMCY-16 when the launcher attempted to update today. It asks me to free up disk space and try again. I have 5GB of free hard drive space, and have been playing the game fine for past few days.... PLEASE HELP! Would love to know what to do to get back in the game!

Thank you!

Alex

Acolyte
falconlegend

Re: SMCY-16: Insufficient Disk Drive Space?

I got this problem too, I can normaly played simcity5 in the past few days.This morning i restartes my game and every things goes wrong!  Same as you,  I also have 5GB free disc space. I'm using win7 on Mac pro 2013. And When will Mac version release, is there a certainly date?

Keeper
TheDeciem

Im having the same just now, launched game, went to updating says disk space unavailable yet I have 10 gigs free

Keeper
usuuvanloo

[ Edited ]

Initially I had this problem with 3,4gb, but then I replaced a folder to my other harddrive (I am aware note everybody has this) and it brought my C: harddisk space to 14,7gb, and it worked for me at that point.

Keeper
bladeboy05

I've also had this error it's some error on EA's side. I've notice that if you free up around 15gb of space you will no longer have this issue. This is the actual size of the game, why you would need that amout of space free for updates that are no bigger than 100mb I have the slightest lue. Maybe it's because of the laziness of EA not changing the launcher to read for needed update space rather than needed game space? Anyways it's very annoying.....

Keeper
citybane

same here 5 gigs free. If the patch is less than that then I refuse to move files from one drive to another.  Though I would move SimCity to another drive IF it would play on the other drive, which it won't.  Moving SimCity only results in Origin wanting to download it again.  I'm about fed up with this.

Keeper
dalulz

Having the same problem, except I have over 20gb free on my hard drive. It played perfectly this past weekend, but now it refuses to open. I've tried reinstalling SimCity, but this has not solved the problem. I'm using a Surface Pro, if that matters, and I also used the beta version of Origin so that it works on my Surface; so that can't be the problem.