Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
mblacker

Downloading Updated Data - EXTREMELY SLOW

What is with this game, the origin software needed updating and was slow and now the game needs some data and is extremely slow! 

I've tested my connection and everything else is fine so what is going on? Just seems like endless issues!

First, I was forced to install Origin, rather not but no choice there.

Second, Origin was updating extremely slow like over an hour for a few MB!

Third, I need to update the game again not the quickest download

Fourth,  Need to load another launcher because the origin launcher can't run the game!

Fifth, Sim City Launcher needs to do some update, ok (Then there is only a restart button? who the hell designed this process)

Sixth, Sim City is now "Download Updated Data" What ever that means? Why wasn't this in the last 2 updates that some how required 2 seperate launchers to update.

I feel like it is a struggle to play this game!!! Feel like just throwing the **bleep** thing out the window. Definetly not looking at Crysis 3 anymore if this is how EA/Origin treat their customers.

For reference, I'm on Internode (Australia) and the rest of the internet is working fine. Using their standard DNS servers but I seem to be getting the download from Japan? 117.104.139.190 is the server it's getting data from.

Sentinel
leamon007

Re: Downloading Updated Data - EXTREMELY SLOW

hi,

Downloading update data can become slowly depending on your game console.

PC: upgrade your memory and try again

PS3: Delete un nessarcey data and try again

XBOX: I cannot help you with that.

Try the suggestions above and see if it works

EThaN TruSS

Keeper
darkspore2003

I have teh same issue runing Simcity on a PC with 6GB of memory, are you saying I need more???

EA_Francois
Solutions: 1,920

I think leamon007 was rather misguided.

It is a known fact that the updated data download can be really slow. Just wait it out while doing something else, it'll end eventually. :smileyhappy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
S'il a répondu à votre question, cliquez sur "Accepter comme solution." Merci !

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Keeper
6willis

[ Edited ]

Keeper
welshthor

The problem lies in the fact that origin/ea are only concerned in maximum profit. there are just enough servers for people to download from and of course to use simcity also. in fact there shouldnt even BE updates to the game because it should of been finished before being shipped. Imagine buying a car and then they tell you you have to wait 2 weeks for the seats and a month for the windows. You can drive it but it doesnt work properly. Oh and the wheels may fall off at some point. but will give you some glue to fix them lol :manfrustrated:

Keeper
petergriiffin

"It will end eventually" ?? So will my interest in waiting hours for something to download..... 

Keeper
brown13au

Great advice, had to uninstall due to error code 5 as that seems to be the recommended solution for that problem and something "origin help" would request that i do if i contact them.

Downloaded the game again at >100kbps and now downloading the update at probably a similar speed...

Keeper
ermsmartin

"Its a known fact" does little to address why.

"Just wait it out while doing something else, it'll end eventually" you know we all die eventually, some of us waiting fro the download.

Understanding why its so slow and why nothing is/can being done about it would be nice. The file size is 3TB or you have a 28k dial up connection.

There was nothing on the box requiring an excess of free time for the mind numbing and frequent downloads.

This will be a consideration in future Origin, Maxis, and EA game purchases.

I miss the old days (a couple of years ago) buy a game, load it your PC, play how much you want. No live internet connection required, no downloads or updates and no waiting BS.

Wow downloaded 3% while writing this, could be done in time fro the holidays, Happy downloads everyone.

Keeper
sangsoolee11

I live in Dubai and it took me over 14 hours to download updates to finally play