Re: Unravel PS4 Stuck on Continue/New Game screen

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unravel PS4 Stuck on Continue/New Game screen

★★★ Newbie

I have Unravel on my PS4. It has worked a few times with no issues but then it started getting stuck on the Continue/New Game screen; neither the toggle stick nor pad move the highlighted color, X doesn't select Continue which is highlighted, and Square doesn't open the EULA. I've tried uninstalling and downloading the game again as well as restarting both the game and PS4 but no change. And I did confirm that my controller is still working on my other games. Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 5 (2,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

So it turns out it was the controller and not the game. It was just a coincidence that the controller decided to di soon after I started playing Unravel. I bought a new controller after my knuckledragger attempts at fixing my old one didn't quite pan out and now all is right in the world. And the game is great; some light hearted fun before the next shooter game. Thanks for your help David!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (2,708 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@chuckzilla13 Thanks for the post. Can I check if you have any other pads connected to your system? Also, I wonder if there's a profile mixup and the game is trying to use the unputs from a separate one.

In any case, please restart your system from the power menu, instead of putting it to sleep. 

Then log in with just your main account and your active pad and try again. 

Cheers

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the advice David. Unfortunately I'm still not able to get past the screen. I only have one controller and only one profile for the system at the moment. I did follow your other advice regarding the restart from the power menu but still had no luck.

The problem may be with the controller so I ordered a new one. The strange thing is the current controller works when I'm maneuvering the PS4 options on the main screen but then doesn't work on any of my games now (it worked on them a few days ago). So I'm perplexed but will update once the new controller arrives.

Message 3 of 5 (2,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@chuckzilla13 Thanks for the update. After some reasearch it seems that this can happen if the pad detects a stuck input. This can happen if the pad is damaged, or if there's dirt causing a stuck button.

If there's dirt/a stuck button a bit of low-tech percussive maintenance may help, basically give it a solid whack off something that won't be damaged.

This is at your own risk, but there's a chance that doing this will loosen whatever's stuck. Mashing all your buttons might help to unstick the buttons too. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So it turns out it was the controller and not the game. It was just a coincidence that the controller decided to di soon after I started playing Unravel. I bought a new controller after my knuckledragger attempts at fixing my old one didn't quite pan out and now all is right in the world. And the game is great; some light hearted fun before the next shooter game. Thanks for your help David!

Message 5 of 5 (2,709 Views)