Stuttering graphics

by drkmatterburrito

Original Post

Re: Stuttering graphics

★★ Novice

Any fix for this yet? whether it be a pc settings issue, or simply a game patch. Would really love to play but it fluctuates from 80fps to 1fps. It is unplayable atm.

Message 11 of 33 (845 Views)

Hero

Could you also post the information asked by @EA_Barry in this thread.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 33 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here's how I fixed this problem:

I was having this exact same issue, except it was about 5 times worse.  I searched around and found a fix for lag in previous Origin only games.

You need to turn off "Origin In Game".

To turn off "Origin In Game"

• In the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings"
  • Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

After doing that, run the game and the lag should be fixed.  It fixed mine right away.

Message 13 of 33 (836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game and have the same issues. Please fix it the game looks really good and it would be a shame to have this holding it back.

Message 14 of 33 (835 Views)

Hero

If disabling Origin In Game doesn't help you should try ruling out other overlays and background programs that might interfere by trying a clean boot:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

carbonic signature

Message 15 of 33 (817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Hard drives are not an issue as I run my OS off of a separate SSD and my Steam games have their own SSD and my Origin/other games have their own.

I will try disabling the Origin overlay and see what happens.

EDIT: No change with turning off the Origin overlay.

Message 16 of 33 (798 Views)

Community Manager

@drkmatterburrito

To rule out some other possibilities can you please try a clean boot before starting the game as suggested above by @Carbonic

barry.png
Message 17 of 33 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry @Carbonic

The clean boot solved the problem! Both problems, actually: the stuttering and the incomplete termination of the client when quitting the game. Now I just need to start turning things on and figure out what it was.

I will reply with what was actually causing it so other don't have to go through this mess. Whatever it is, it is causing the CPU and GPU utilization to drop momentarily and lag, but on very specific things like when text fades in on the screen or when the hook to grapple onto first appear with sparkles. Interesting. Anyway, I will report back.

Many thanks!

Message 18 of 33 (770 Views)

Hero

Sounds good @drkmatterburrito - just reactivate half the things and then the half of the remaining until you find the culprit Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 19 of 33 (768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry @Carbonic

I immediately reloaded the client to see how the GPU utilization was and it was back to doing what it was before.

I will just have to keep at it as something changed in between.

EDIT: Apparently, Bitdefender finished logging in the period between client runs and that's what was causing the stuttering and failure to properly exist the client. Even running Bitdefender in Game Mode causes the problem.

I am still unsure what the game is doing to cause this conflict with Bitdefender, but there it is. It must be making access to the drive every time it was stuttering or doing something that alerted Bitdefender and made it scan or grant access to it.

I will see if I can find a setting that is amicable for both the game and the antivirus.

So, problem solved mainly. I will find the setting that allows them to coexist and then reply today and then mark this as solved.

Thanks again to everyone!

Message 20 of 33 (762 Views)