titanfall freezes after it opens on pc

by mraaron198720

Original Post

titanfall freezes after it opens on pc

★★★ Newbie

just downloaded titanfall for pc yesterday, took me hours to download and i finally get it downloaded, i click to to play it. it starts to run but freezes a second into starting up. HELP!?!?! ive already restarted my computer so idk what the issue is!?

Message 1 of 13 (419 Views)

Re: titanfall freezes after it opens on pc

★★★★★ Expert

Since you chose to tell us nothing we can use, no one here can offer any suggestions. 

How to get DxDiag and put it in a Pastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

Message 2 of 13 (409 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mraaron198720 wrote:

just downloaded titanfall for pc yesterday, took me hours to download and i finally get it downloaded, i click to to play it. it starts to run but freezes a second into starting up. HELP!?!?! ive already restarted my computer so idk what the issue is!?

@mraaron198720  

You surely know that a multiplayer game won't do well on a slow internet connection, right?  The question you posed was impossible to answer, being so incomplete.  However, you did receive a response.  You must read it here on the website. 

Message 3 of 13 (384 Views)

★★ Novice

have this problem also, can anyone tell me the cause

is this right?:

http://pastebin.com/hnsLRBX1

thanks

Message 4 of 13 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

You are allowing your Optimus GT 840m to sleep, instead of making it go to work.  Reset the performance options in the Geforce Control Panel

P. S.  Do not expect the nicest / fastest graphics from a beginner grade graphics card like yours,  This game actually needs the GTX 650m to really shine (the differences between an 840m and the GT 840 desktop card are fairly substantial). 

Message 5 of 13 (369 Views)

★★ Novice

ohh i see that's sad Frown

just updated my driver

and yeah, still the same issue Frown

say, can i still use this once i get a better pc / loptop?

Message 6 of 13 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

An 840m is not a "bad" graphics device.  It is relatively close to the minimum, but the minimum simplly isn't that good, if you know what I mean  -- you certainly should be able to play the game, once you get your card off its lazy backside.  Personally, I dislike the idea of gutting a GPU to make it cheap so it has to rely on the Intel chip for all input.  If I still had any need or desire for a portable PC, I'd get one with Radeon Graphics, not Geforce Optimus! 

There are many complaints on the Geforce forums about your problem, and that's where the answers are to be found.  https://forums.geforce.com/

Message 7 of 13 (349 Views)

★★ Novice

ahh i see, understood and noted :D i'll look in to this forum also :D

oh and what i meant is the game :D , can i still use / install this game on a on a new pc / loptop?

Message 8 of 13 (345 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As long as you keep the same player account on Origin, you can download the games you own, again.  That's not to say that more than one PC at a time can ever use the same registration, though. 

Message 9 of 13 (343 Views)

★★ Novice

ahh i see, i see, :D 

now i can sleep in peace hahaha :D

anyway Thanks very much :D

Message 10 of 13 (339 Views)