Re: Xbox One Notes on Titanfall with latest patches and Xbox One dash updates

by Techmaster1789

Original Post

Xbox One Notes on Titanfall with latest patches and Xbox One dash updates

★★★★ Novice

*Titanfall freezes Xbox One to the point I have to do a manual 10 second turn off of the Xbox One. This happens on rare occasion due to lag in game when a game is in progress. I try to shut off console by holding down the Xbox button in middle of Microsoft brand wireless Xbox One controller but it fails to shut the console down and I have to do the manual 10 second shut off and restart console. When console freezes during a Titanfall in progress game, the console button still works fine to press turn off console but won't actually turn off console and I can try many times as I want but the lag is too much and won't let me shut down which means doing the 10 second shut down. If I change windows during a Titanfall match in progress, this issue seems to happen more frequently. No other Windows are running in background or any other apps in background when this happens.

*When people join the match in matchmaking, the Xbox One causes lag within the console switching back and forth between Windows such as friends, etc so as a precaution I have to wait till players join matchmaking and be waiting for game to start before trying any back and forth process between Windows and snaps if any are running. As a another precaution I rarely use snaps with Titanfall being played.
*When you shoot using a Titan or any gun that I tested so far, hit counters are off. You shoot a spectre for example and I feel as if all my bullets don't count and I feel this way because you don't hear the target being hit even though it's a direct hit for sure.

*On some maps, 1st noticed within IMC Rising maps, I got Titan kills but they weren't counted on leader board statistics at the end of match or during the match. I did notice other players shot at most the Titans, but not enough to kill them and it took me a lot of time later on to get the kill so I should have got the full kill in my opinion. These Titan kills should count as kills, not assists like they do right now. There should be a certain amount of damage done before a Titan Kill counts as an assist.

*I noticed for another example that if I am around a corner already, the other player that happens to shoot me doesn't see the same thing because I get shot even though the player is around the corner out of my range to shoot me and this happens frequently.
*I kick a player or spectre for example and on occasion the player or other enemy will not die and kicks me back and I die even though my kick was a direct hit.

Suggestions and other notes:

*I tried reinstalling the game to fix the lag and other issues but the game remains the same as of now still even after reinstalling the game and even rebooting the whole Xbox One to factory defaults.

My suggestion is when players join the match to start the countdown that players can continue to work on loadouts and such and not have the game freezing or causing interruptions while working on loadouts and such.

All issues happen on Attrition mode. This is the only game mode I ever play.

Message 1 of 6 (218 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could you please tell us if you have the digital or physical version of the game as well as the model of your router? Some of your issues seems to be related to your connection, is your console linked via wired or wireless connection to your router?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 6 (207 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Digital version of game, Comcast internet with Aeris wireless Comcast gateway.  The Xbox One is wired directly to the gateway. Speed of internet is 105 mb down, 12 mb up. Let me know if there are any more questions and i'd be glad to answer them. 

Message 3 of 6 (203 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could you please check our Xbox One troubleshooting guide regarding connection issues: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Xbox-One-Troubleshooting-guide/m-p/2454796#U2454796

Have you already tried to delete and re-download your Gamertag profile?

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 6 (201 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I redid my profile on the Xbox. I did go to that link and tried. My ports are open and Xbox says everything is fine with my connection upon testing. I also went back to Xbox One defaults and tried that also. I still got the lag on dash, and problems. It could be a Microsoft dash issue. I realized though that when I play another game or play an app, these issues don't arise. Titanfall is what causes it. I am skeptical of playing Titanfall and using snap with it or even playing Titanfall alone due to this issue. The latest Xbox Update that came out not long ago seemed to make it a bit less laggy but the problems in game still remain and the issue with dash lag is still an issue but a bit less then before. The Microsoft dash change made it so i'm not moving the game away very often anymore. That could explain why I don't see the lag or have my Xbox freeze as often because i'm not going out of Titanfall as often anymore to see other things.

Message 5 of 6 (198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Btw, I noticed simular issues with Battlefield 4 before a patch recently came out and fixed it. Now the issue on Battlefield 4 is no more. Just thought i'd mention that.

The following simular issue was in Battlefield 4.  *I noticed for another example that if I am around a corner already, the other player that happens to shoot me doesn't see the same thing because I get shot even though the player is around the corner out of my range to shoot me and this happens frequently.

Message 6 of 6 (189 Views)