Re: Weird Crash

by WaRDeMoN787

Original Post

Weird Crash

★★★ Newbie

So, I've played TitanFall on the xbox 360 and enjoyed it, I very much wanted to own it on my pc. I downloaded the game because of the 48 hour pass and did the whole tutorial without any glitches or problems. I signed out and had came back to play later in the day only to find the game freezes after it shows the respawn logos and all the copyright lingo on the bottom of the screen (It's just a black screen as my mouse lags around). I had to open the task manager to get out of the screen, while it made my pc lag horribly, and click "close this program" option. It keeps saying "titanfall.exe has stopped working". I sent the information to microsoft but it continues to not work. I'm so confused, because it seemed to work fine before. I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Then even clicking "repair game" in the origin application. (There were some of the fixes that were said to work through google.) I even double checked and used the website "can you run it" to see if my pc was capable on running this game, and it said it should at the lowest graphics setting.

My current computer specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

ATI Radeon HD4800 Series (GPU)

AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4GHZ (CPU)

4GB RAM

and the last I had checked, I am on Direct X 11. IF there's anymore information you need I'll try my best to get it for you.

Thank you,

-WD

Message 1 of 8 (412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just wanted to put an update, still not working. Rebooting the computer and reinstalling Origin did nothing.

Message 2 of 8 (390 Views)

★ Guide

Is there a way you can talk to a gme advisor thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How would I do that? I figured this is where you get assistance for game issues. Sorry, I'm new to this forum so I don't really know to much about the way things work around here.

Message 4 of 8 (384 Views)

Community Manager

You can open a case by going here - http://help.ea.com/en/titanfall/titanfall/. At the bottom of the page click on the Contact Us button.

Do you know when your graphics drivers were last updated?

Try disabling Origin In Game. This is done in the Origin client. Click on the 'I' next to the Play button. Then click on game properties and check the box next to Disable Origin In Game.

Are you using MSIAfterburner or RivaTuner? Shut those down.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 8 (377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for you suggestions and help, but all of this isn't worth it, the 48 hours aren't gonna last long enough for this kind of effort. It's a shame, I thought It'd be fun to own this game but it's obviously still in beta.

Thank you everyone,

-WD

Message 6 of 8 (363 Views)

Community Manager

Ttitanfall is far from beta status. If the game is not running on your computer then the issues is something on your end. EA support could have probably figured it out. Hopefully there will be another trial of it soon.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 8 (353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly could have fooled me, I played it no problem before, then all of a sudden, with no hardware or software changes, it doesn't work? Seems like a lot of people had this problem. The 360 version was even worse....Just figured the pc version wouldn't be a problem, but It seems it proved me wrong. I tried all the work arounds and fixes I read on the EA forums and nothing worked....lol.

Message 8 of 8 (326 Views)