Video Card error and game crashes before loading menu Titanfall

by worncif

Original Post

Video Card error and game crashes before loading menu Titanfall

★ Novice

When I want to play Titanfall, a message appears saying "Game startup failed because the video card does not support the required features.". After that he starts the game and I see the video's of EA and Respawn. Then the black screen with shortly after a message that Titanfall doesn't work anymore.

I've posted my dxdiag on Pastebin.com in next link:

http://pastebin.com/MkdUi9Rg

Please help me! I'm dying to play this game :'(

Be my St. Patty? 

Message 1 of 4 (451 Views)

Re: Video Card error and game crashes before loading menu Titanfall

★★★★★ Expert

You won't be enjoying the game much with your current video graphics.  The game requires as its minimum, the HD 4770 that was two ranks up, with the HD 4760 separating them, so your animations will either be slow, or you can set a coarse looking screen resolution and improve the fluidity.  Meanwhile, drivers for old Radeons are a problem, and those of us with old cards (I have a 4850 in a gaming PC here) must use an aftermarket modifified (unofficial) driver. 

Personally, I would advise yu to get a new card; you've gotten all the use out of that one you could expect.  And get a new power supply to match the new GPU while you are at it. 

Message 2 of 4 (444 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I know buying a new computer is better, but then you need money which I don't have a lot nowadays. Just got work luckily. But back to the point, is there something I can do? I don't mind playing on low graphs. The game itself is the priority right now :')

Message 3 of 4 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There are some unofficial, modified drivers that a regular at Guru3D has set up, and they work.  The download site tends to be tricksy, though, and may attempt to bundle in some unwanted shovelware.  Check any of several message threads in here about HD 4850s to find the link, but keep you eyes wide open at that download site.

Message 4 of 4 (421 Views)