Unrelated FIFA 16 Coin Selling Ban??

by Strelizia-02

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unrelated FIFA 16 Coin Selling Ban??

★★ Novice

So yeah, I tried playing Titanfall after a while of being absent and just busy with life, and I launch the game and get a "401 ERROR" message. Something about, "BYTEVAULT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED", whatever.

So I do a little digging, and find that this error pertains to a account ban. Shocked, I went to check my email to see if I missed something, and sure enough, I received an email from EA stating this:

"We want to notify you that your FIFA 16 account has recently violated our Terms of Service by selling FIFA Coins to a third party. As a result, we have permanently blocked your EA Account."

FFS, are you kidding me?? I don't even OWN FIFA 16! Even if I had been hacked (which now the more I think about it, that must have been the case considering I had to change my password, just thought that I had forgotten it since it's so damn long), my account details and history have nowhere anything relating to this freaking game. How could EA be this careless in banning someone who hasn't even come NEAR the franchise? WTF????

Has anyone have this issue? It seems like the only solution is to email EA's account dispute, but everyone seems to agree that the system falls flat. Is there anything else I can do about this *? Thanks in advance for anyone reading this.

Message 1 of 6 (311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unrelated FIFA 16 Coin Selling Ban??

★★ Novice

Please feel free to share your thoughts, after going around it would appear I'm not the only victim here. I'll update this thread when I receive a response back from EA (yeah, I sent a email after all), and we will see how they handle this. I'm not very optimistic, but for all intents and purposes, this should pass as a mistake on EA's part and hopefully remove this ban. If not.. well, I've already started looking into starting a class-action lawsuit. Whether or not it even has the chance of going through, I have no idea, but dammit I'll try. I mean, there IS a free consultation after all.

Why do we as gamer's keep putting up with this * from game companies? It's so obvious just by gleaming a part of this forum that this cancer known as FIFA (unfortunately, I'm sorry to all FIFA fans. EA kills all of its assets) is reaching as far as affecting customers who've never even come CLOSE to FIFA? Nuking an account from accessing anything else due to a mistake on their end really by not being able to keep hackers from hacking accounts on their site (seriously, can you say that Steam suffers from this at ALL?) , is not the consumers load to bear. It's a lazy fix-all solution that EA thinks they can just dole out to whomever they please.

I mean, it seems that this has been going on for years. Why? No freaking more I say. This is unacceptable. EA does NOT care about any of us.

..Well, that is if they REFUSE to solve everyone's issues. But time will tell.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (332 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Just found out that someone remotely changed my password without even accessing my email. What the actual f**k. So, some script kiddie basically either hacked into knowing my security questions, or they circumvented EA's firewalls and basically stole info from them? If that's the case I better remove my payment info from the site as well. I can't trust EA anymore.

Message 2 of 6 (305 Views)

★★ Novice

Please feel free to share your thoughts, after going around it would appear I'm not the only victim here. I'll update this thread when I receive a response back from EA (yeah, I sent a email after all), and we will see how they handle this. I'm not very optimistic, but for all intents and purposes, this should pass as a mistake on EA's part and hopefully remove this ban. If not.. well, I've already started looking into starting a class-action lawsuit. Whether or not it even has the chance of going through, I have no idea, but dammit I'll try. I mean, there IS a free consultation after all.

Why do we as gamer's keep putting up with this * from game companies? It's so obvious just by gleaming a part of this forum that this cancer known as FIFA (unfortunately, I'm sorry to all FIFA fans. EA kills all of its assets) is reaching as far as affecting customers who've never even come CLOSE to FIFA? Nuking an account from accessing anything else due to a mistake on their end really by not being able to keep hackers from hacking accounts on their site (seriously, can you say that Steam suffers from this at ALL?) , is not the consumers load to bear. It's a lazy fix-all solution that EA thinks they can just dole out to whomever they please.

I mean, it seems that this has been going on for years. Why? No freaking more I say. This is unacceptable. EA does NOT care about any of us.

..Well, that is if they REFUSE to solve everyone's issues. But time will tell.

Message 3 of 6 (333 Views)

Community Manager

@Strelizia-02I understand that you're frustrated, but we do want to get this resolved. 

In this case, contacting live support as well as submitting the appeal  should also help. Be sure to make it clear that about the account compromise. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/ 

They should be able to give more information on regaining full control of your account.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (282 Views)

★★ Novice

Sigh.. The page you provided is giving the 404 error.

Also, I'd love to contact live support, but the option to do so has been removed and possibly been made hard to find. Why? It used to be conveniently accessible through Origin but now I can't find it.

Finally, I DID write in my email that my account had been compromised (and even now after changing my password over two times CONTINUES to be attempted to be hacked into), but finally I received an email from EA that says, "After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we found that your account was actioned correctly and will not remove this sanction from your account." Freaking priceless. "Thoroughly" my *. I've never even bothered to play the FIFA games, and now I'm being banned because of the FIFA games. Unbelievable.

I know you're trying to help, and I appreciate it, but based on your response, EA is not capable it seems of "investigating", so I have already started to seek legal/non-legal advice. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6 (259 Views)

★★ Novice

So, here I am writing about what has happened and I have to say I am very surprised and pleased to say that my issue has been resolved.

I was able to get into contact with EA finally, and after investigating again, they were able to finally fix my case for me. Yes, it was frustrating, but I'm very happy that EA came through. I definitely have a different view on them, even though there were many bumps in the road. So, if anyone from EA is reading this, thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (248 Views)