Unable to play game

by edwardsryan1987

Original Post

Unable to play game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have played Titanfall a lot since its release. I haven't been lately though and it's been several months since I last played. When I tried to play just an hour or so ago, I tried to open the game, only to receive the following message: "Sign in or renew the subscription: It looks like you're not signed in as the subscription holder for this game. Sign in to Xbox Live, or renew the subscription in the Xbox Store. (0x803f900a)"  I have a current Xbox Live subscription, in fact, I just renewed at the end of July. I am not sure why it is not letting me play, except that when I go to the store it tries to get me to buy EA Access. Does anyone know why I can't play this game? Does this mean that I need to have EA Access in order to play, in addition to paying the 60 dollars for the game, and the 50 dollars a year for Gold, because that seems excessive? Thanks for any help. 

Also, I have been trying to connect to the help chat with an EA game advisor for the last 30 minutes with no luck. 

Message 1 of 9 (21,036 Views)

Re: Unable to play game

Community Manager

@edwardsryan1987 That certainly would be excessive, there's no additional requirement for EA Access. 

It sounds like there's some account mixup, can you try shutting down the system (hold the button on the front until it beeps and shuts down) and then log in with just your main account?

If you still have no luck, I think Xbox support should be able to take a closer look, they can see the ownership history for your Titanfall too. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (20,926 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if you fixed your problem, but I just fixed mine...

xbox one...go to settings, then all settings, disc and blue ray...click on blue ray, then click persistent storage...

and that's it 

if it doesn't work, take out the disc, then do the same again and put the disc back in...and that will work...if not stamp on Xbox 😉

Message 3 of 9 (20,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I also have a problem to like yours I cant download the 3 free map packs because the game tells me I must but when I click to download it.it takes me to the xbox game store then it says 'nothing to show here' so that means I cant play all the other game modes because I need those map packs

Message 4 of 9 (20,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This worked a treat. Had to take the disc out "clear storage" then disc back in and worked. Thanks!
Message 5 of 9 (20,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cool, I'm glad you didn't have to stamp on the Xbox just yet, but give it time, they all need a good kick at one point lol.

Message 6 of 9 (20,164 Views)

★★ Novice
Lame answer... Everyone i know is getting these errors on a regular basis.. your game servers, or the routers connected to them, can see these errors going on all day long..how about EA dedicate some tier 2 people to this problem and solve it!
Message 7 of 9 (18,707 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
EA Are money hungry that’s all I can say I have tried everything and bought the game £45 and then they tell me to buy ea access and then say I need to pay for EA access again!
Message 8 of 9 (16,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have installed game on xbox and i tryed to do same thing but i cant get in game xbox live is buyed
Message 9 of 9 (10,515 Views)