Two PC copies but only one PC can connect at a time

by Mobuzzing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Two PC copies but only one PC can connect at a time

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

We have two PCs in the same house sharing a broadband router; we bought we copies of Titanfall with seperate Origin accounts.

Only one PC can connect and play Titanfall at a time but not both at the same time. We had to wait for the other person to logout first.

We also play Battlefield 4, we can have one playing Titanfall and the other person on BF4 but not both on Titanfall. This is frustrating and I want refund!!

We have fast cable broadband (Virgin) with 60+ Mbs, the router is a DrayTek Vigor 2130n.

Message 1 of 16 (14,987 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Two PC copies but only one PC can connect at a time

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is a common issue with routers that has trouble sending the right data packets to the right computer when both computers are connected to the same server.

Most often this can be fixed by reconfiguring the router.

The following steps often help:

1 Log into your modem / router
2 Turn OFF UPNP.
3 Turn off PC UPnP Service:
4 Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter.
5 In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.
6 Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
7 Save your changes

Also, updating the router firmware can help.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 4 of 16 (15,612 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I also have a similiar problem.Two pc's two seperate copies and only one can connect and play. One pc is stuck at the ship loading screen regardless if the other pc is online playing or not. Extremely frustrating as I have tried every trick or workaround mentioned! If I was able to bring my discs back for a refund I would have already.

Message 2 of 16 (14,966 Views)

★ Novice
I have nearly the same issue. My wife and I can both play at the same time with the same connection, we just can't play together. It's infriating since I bought this game to play with my wife. I would expect a big title like this to expect to have multiple accounts playing from the same IP.
Message 3 of 16 (14,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is a common issue with routers that has trouble sending the right data packets to the right computer when both computers are connected to the same server.

Most often this can be fixed by reconfiguring the router.

The following steps often help:

1 Log into your modem / router
2 Turn OFF UPNP.
3 Turn off PC UPnP Service:
4 Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: “services.msc” (without the “) then press enter.
5 In the list of services, scroll down to “UPnP Device Host”, click it and press “Stop service”. Now do the same thing but with the service “SSDP Discovery”.
6 Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under “network discovery” select to turn off network discovery
7 Save your changes

Also, updating the router firmware can help.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 16 (15,613 Views)

★ Novice
Cool beans. My problem appears to be fixed. Thank you very much. Much better solution than EA's disable UPNP, which didn't work by itself.
Message 5 of 16 (14,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Fun. Now we're unable to play together again. Didn't change any settings. Everything is set the way you suggested. This is rather frustrating.

Edit: for reference, we were able to play together for a bit. We closed the game on both computers to take a break and were unable to play together again when we started it back up. Didn't restart computers, the router, or restore settings.
Message 6 of 16 (14,917 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Carbonic,

Thanks for the suggestion, my UPnP is already disabled on both the router and the PCs (including the SSDP). I can't get the PCs playign the game at the same time.

I have other devices on the network such as Humax PVR and WDTV Live. I assuming they are not causing issues as I can play the game on a PC without problems.

The search for a solution continues........

Message 7 of 16 (14,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Additional Suggestion:

Make sure that in your router's advanced options, each PC is assigned it's OWN IP address.

For the moment, SHUT OFF ALL EXTRA NETWORKED ITEMS.

Also, Do NOT clone your PC's MAC in the router.

Whenever you change settings within your router, POWER CYCLE everything. Shut down ALL network components. Turn everything on after 30 seconds starting in this order:

1. MODEM

2. Router

3. MAIN PC

4. Secondary PC.

Allow about 2 minutes for everything on the network to resolve properly.

After that, you should be able to play.

NOTE: if you have other stuff connected to the network, IE: XBox, Printer, TV..... ETC, DON'T turn those on until AFTER you follow the above steps as those items could try to hijack the assigned IPs of the PCs

* Find out the MAC addresses for the extra components and do the same thing, ASSIGN UNIQUE IP addresses to the items.

Message 8 of 16 (14,887 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion, I have checked my DrayTek router setting, the DHCP table showing each device has an unique IP; in fact, I binded the MAC with a specific IP on my PCs.

I don't think it is a general network issue with my home network, if it is, none of the other games should work on both PCs at the same time?

(Why would people want to clone PC's MAC?)

Message 9 of 16 (14,878 Views)

★★ Novice

And if you read that post you see that it solves nothing. I've talked to EA's game advisors and Titanfall will not let 2 computers connect at the same time, the game is designed that way and it will NOT be fixed. The reason you get a few games in, then a few more by completely disabling the UPnP is simply because the server hasn't recognised your network yet. By design Titanfall will not let 2 computers play in a party or on a team together at the same time.

I recommend simply requesting a refund for both accounts, which is possible as EA's titanfall support page under the connectivity section states as follows:
If your internet connection works but you can’t maintain a connection to the Titanfall servers, you may still be eligible for a refund via the Great Game Guarantee if you purchased your game from Origin

Message 10 of 16 (14,669 Views)