Re: Titanfall IGP Problem: cannot run on an Intel video chip

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Titanfallexe. not responding Problem

★★ Novice

When I bought the game I waited 5 hours for it to download on PC, I then started it and I went very well on the Training levels, until I got to play on maps against other players, I am either running or shooting and my screen frezzes then turns white and a message comes up saying Titanfallexe. not responding. 

The following things I did to fix

- Start as Administrator 

- Repair Install

- Turn off Firewall

- Updated my Graphic driver

- Updated to DirectX 11

Here is how my PC is and what it has

- 4th gen intel R Core TM i3-4030U processor 

- 4GB Memory (RAM)

- 1TB Hard Drive

- Integrated Intel R HD Graphics

- Windows 8.1 updated to windows 10 Home I think.

- 64-bit

I also do not know what a Video card is, I tried downloading a Geforce Nvidia thing I think its graphics but I tried downloading for Windows 10 and 8.1 but it says it has no graphic hardware to install to something like that.

Please help I really want to play Titanfall but cant because I keep crashing in mid game.

Message 1 of 5 (170 Views)

Re: Titanfallexe. not responding Problem

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@NightShadowLord Hey, it sounds like your hardware might not be up to the task of running Titanfall. 

What you'll need is a dedicated graphics card to handle the load. 

It sounds like you might have an Nvidia dedicated card but the update software is having a hard time detecting it. 

If you check your Control Panel > Device Manager and check the Display Adapters tab does it show a card other than the intel one?

For example in this case you can see the intel card(ignore it) and the Nvidia GTX 970. 

desktopsnip.PNG

If you can see something like this, try downloading the drivers again, and be sure to double check that all the details match that of your system. If nothing is there, then your machine looks like it's not powerful enough for the game, so you might want to have a look at the Great Game Guarantee to look into a refund. 

http://help.ea.com/in/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Thanks, if you have further questions please feel free to ask. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (163 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesnt show a NVIDIA driver, means I cant play on my PC then.

I wont be able to get a Refund because I bought this game by disk, not online. I still have the receipt but Im pretty sure they wont give me a refund.

Only if there was another way I could stop this crashing, i already have Graphics Intel so I thought that would be good enough for the game.

Message 3 of 5 (158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Intel has never offered game-capable video, ever.  They only tried once to sell an actual discrete, dedicated GPU on its own circuit board, some 14-15 years ago, and it was a market failure.  

Message 4 of 5 (146 Views)

Re: Titanfall IGP Problem: cannot run on an Intel video chip

★★★★★ Expert

@NightShadowLord 

If that was a desktop PC that offers an expansion slot, did you want assistance with an upgrade to a dedicated GPU? 

(Laptops are dead ends in that regard, no graphics upgrades are possible.) 

Message 5 of 5 (135 Views)