Titanfall wont install audio

by JennieChoberka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall wont install audio

★★ Novice

I've tried validating the game files and they didn't find an error until the 3rd attempt, but the repairing process didn't even fix it. I've even deleted the whole 50gb game and redownloaded to try and fix, over and over I keep getting a "Titanfall Audio Installation Failed! Pak file "\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall\vpk\Client_mp_common.bsp.poak000_000.vpk" contains corrupted decompressed audio data. (Checksum0x73693022 != 0xf74e3024) (Itenm at offset 3207777255, size 28275686)". Sometimes the checksum contains slightly different number, but my most recent installation attempt yielded this error code. What do I do to fix?

Message 1 of 78 (9,930 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall wont install audio

★★★★★ Newbie
  1. Go into the titanfall folder vpk and open the notepad file cam_list
  2. Delete the the Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_000.vpk (in notepad file cam_list, not the actual file) and save - Delete all of them at this point. They will all be corrupt.
  3. install again (don't repair it will put it back)
  4. Once the install is complete repair the game

Worked for me Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 25 of 78 (4,976 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm getting this error too. The error box reads:

Decode: Corrupt or missing data in bitstream
In file "\\?\B:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall\vpk\Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_000.vpk"
Offset 11607841261, Size 26362

I seem to get this around 10% through the process of unpacking the audio files during installation. 

Message 2 of 78 (9,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Around 10 percent for me too also I've had the box with the same contents as yours before

Message 3 of 78 (9,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

edit: nevermind

Message 4 of 78 (9,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

edit: great so repairing the game files asks me to redownload 25 gigs worth of the game. Despite the fact that I'm already missing a full 50 gigs from the first download. Terrific. 

Message 5 of 78 (9,783 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried redownloading the 25 gigs and it didn't fix the issue.

Message 6 of 78 (9,779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same error here.... not quite sure what im suppose to do.

Message 7 of 78 (9,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

I FIXED it!.. Delete the corrupted or failed audio file that isnt working, usually around 11-12 gigs.. and run the repair.

it will redownload that file, and not "attempt" to repair it. At least thats how i got it to work for me.

Message 8 of 78 (9,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

xodarkcloud:

What folder did you delete the audio files from???

Message 9 of 78 (9,642 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem.

I consulted with Origin support, where I was blatantly lied to by the chat agent.

He tried to say that I needed to wait until release and then redownload the game...

I said screw it and got a refund. I don't appreciate being lied to by support. :manmad:

I tried deleting all of the Titanfall files and reinstalling, but I kept encountering the same issue. 

Too much trouble, IMHO. 

Message 10 of 78 (9,622 Views)