Re: Titanfall won't start at all on xbox one.

by pzulwisner

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall won't start at all on xbox one.

★★★★★ Newbie

So I bought Titanfall on launch day and it has almost been a week and I still am unable to play it. Everytime I try to play it my xbox just shows me the boxart of the game and then it kicks me back to the home menu. It is almost instantly, I see the boxart for like a few seconds, and then boom back to home. I tried everything from completely restarting my xbox(clearing my cache), restarting my connection, clearing my mac adress, clearing persistent storage, and everything else you can think of. To make sure it was not a disc issue I got a second disc and that one did not work either, keep in mind they were both crystal clear with no scratches on them. All of my other games work 100% fine but I can't get titanfall to even load to the menu, I have not even seen the EA logo in the game yet. I see other people that are havin problem loading titanfall, but they are mainly on PC so it might have something to do with their computer but the problem I am experiencing is unheard of. Have any of you guys experienced this issue too?

Message 1 of 11 (35,503 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem as well and had to call xbox customer support and got it fixed this is how it was done: Press and hold the prower button on the xbox till it turns off. Then unplug all the cords from the back for 2 mins and plug it back in then power the console back on. Once it is powered up go to the settings then go to disc and blu-ray. In the second colum click on persistent storage then select the option to clear persostent data. Wait while it clears, after it is done you should be able to launch the game.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (35,224 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem as well and had to call xbox customer support and got it fixed this is how it was done: Press and hold the prower button on the xbox till it turns off. Then unplug all the cords from the back for 2 mins and plug it back in then power the console back on. Once it is powered up go to the settings then go to disc and blu-ray. In the second colum click on persistent storage then select the option to clear persostent data. Wait while it clears, after it is done you should be able to launch the game.

Message 2 of 11 (35,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you!! This worked for me. Had same problem except mine stayed on the Titanfall splash screen. Wouldn't even let me quit. I had just updated blue ray and watched a movie. I'm sure this had something to do with it
Message 3 of 11 (35,145 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Erase all my game data???   No way!

Message 4 of 11 (34,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Actually, just hold down the xbox power button until the console shuts down. Wait two minutes, power back on and the game should work without having to clear data.
Message 5 of 11 (31,899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if your afraid of losing titanfall gametime don't worry. titanfall is an online only game so all of your stats and lvl and everything will be in the cloud not on your xbox. the only thing you would lose is the install... which can be reinstalled. you have nothing to lose with titanfall. if you are afraid of other storage, you can try a usb but that might not hold it all.

Message 6 of 11 (31,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It tried this and still my titanfall comes up on a black screen, any other ways of fixing it?
Message 7 of 11 (22,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the exact same problem
Message 8 of 11 (8,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This didn’t work. Nothing happend when I cleared my storage. One thing that nobody talked about was that I can’t uninstall it either. It won’t let me. All other games work. I’ve tried clearing all of the different storages including the reserved space and still nothing has worked.

update: I forgot to say that in the Microsoft store it says “you can play this game for now or buy it to own”. I have the disc for it. I already finished the campaign and have played multiple hours on multiplayer. If you could find a solution that doesn’t get rid of my progression that would be great.

Message 9 of 11 (5,792 Views)

★★ Novice

I ve done it twice and it still doesn't work!

Message 10 of 11 (3,326 Views)