Re: Titanfall won't start Xbox 360

by mrbeans42

Original Post

Titanfall won't start Xbox 360

★★★ Newbie

When I try to launch the game it displays the EA logo, then Respawn, then Bluepoint, then a screen saying “optimizing HD content (which always comes up and takes about 4 minutes),” then a screen saying “TITANFALL press start.”  When I do that a dialog box comes up saying “you need to be signed in to Xbox live to access Xbox live gameplay features.”  There is a close button, but it cannot be selected.  I don’t wish to access such features.  But there is no option other than to sign in.  But if I do sign in another screen appears saying “you must be signed in to a game profile with multiplayer privileges to play online,”  There is a close bar on this screen which also can’t be selected.  I don’t wish to play online, or multiplayer.  The only option at this point is to press A, which brings me to the signin screen and again back to “you must be signed in to a game profile with multiplayer privileges to play online.”  Again, I just want to play the game by myself.  ???  Thanks, Mike

Message 1 of 8 (6,380 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Do you own a Xbox Live Gold subscription on your account and have you already tried to clear your console cache or to delete and re-download the Gamertag on your console?

I will provide you several workarounds, please accept as a solution if one of following steps helped you to solve this issue. If not, please respond that we can look for other possible solutions.

To make sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 8 (6,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

You guys keep saying this and saying this..... CLEANING CACHE DOESN"T WORK!!!!

Stop saying that and come up with a real fix or start dishing out refunds for a game that won't play on 360!!!

You listed ONE solution not several!

Search the web this is an ongoing issue that didn't just pop up!

I have read from dirty discs to corrupt discs to full cache to install the game from don't install the game.. what is the REAL solution to getting TF to work on 360?

Message 3 of 8 (6,344 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes please, what in the hell do we have to do to simply play the game??

Message 4 of 8 (6,336 Views)

★ Novice

i agree i have tried all of EA's SUPPOSED fixes and i still cant get it to run bought the game soooo long ago and havent been able to play it once. EA support..... WHAT support!? how about u make games without so many bugs. its annoying!

Message 5 of 8 (4,745 Views)

★ Novice

not one single "fix" has done anything, i have tried it all from you guys and all over the web. i want a refund or something this is just not cool. i bought your game and u guys cant even help with a bug in your game..... PEOPLE CANT PLAY becasue of this  and you guys dont seem to care really. just keep giving the same "fix" options that do nothing....

Message 6 of 8 (4,744 Views)

Community Manager

Going by the original post the game is working as intended, it's a multiplayer-only game. 

How exactly is your issue manifesting? Do you have an internal or external HDD?

https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/titanfall/titanfall/titanfall-xbox-installation-information/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 8 (4,721 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have internal HDD but whenever i try to run the game i get through the optimizing HD part and then get a notice saying "couldnt store HD content to the xbox 360 hard drive... i have tried another system and HD, and got the same msg.. i have had this game forever and am yet to play it once because of this...  what can i do to fix this problem. i have a HDD plenty of space. but it just wont run....

Message 8 of 8 (4,326 Views)