Re: Titanfall won't launch on windows 10

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall won't launch on windows 10

★★★★★ Newbie

I am running windows 10, recently updated from 8.1. Titanfall previously launched in 8.1, but after the update, it won't launch. I tried opening Origin and launching it from there, but it didn't work. Then i tried windows compatibility, and set it to 8.1. Still no. Titanfall worked perfectly before the update, and had no hardware or software issues previously.

Message 1 of 20 (10,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

if you have windows 10, go to the application of TF2, right click into properties, then click on the compatability tab. click compatability to Windows Vista Starter Pack 2 (windows 10) and also click, run as administrator, the program will work

View in thread

Message 18 of 20 (8,541 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@NinjaJosh427 You will need to install Windows 10 drivers for your graphics card:

Note: For older graphics cards, Windows 10 drivers may not immediately be available. Check the link to your graphics card manufacturer above for the latest available driver. We recommend a clean installation of the new drivers to ensure everything runs smoothly.  

Please keep us updated
Basti

Message 2 of 20 (10,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the driver for windows 10 for the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M, and it worked for a while, but now its crashing again. Do you know what other problems I might have?

Message 3 of 20 (10,150 Views)

@shadowsteed99 have you already tried to create a custom profile for the game in your Nvidia experience and are you getting any kind of error message? As you are running a mobile GPU, it might be that the game is not properly triggering the high speed GPU and is using the onboard Intel videocard instead. You can create a custom profile in your Nvidia driver suite and "force" the game to run only with your Nvidia chip.

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 20 (10,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To me is the same thing, on windows 10 the game wont launch....clean install of windows, all drivers up to date please help

Message 5 of 20 (10,051 Views)

@leoxever could you please provide us a few details about your hardware specifications and have you tried all above mentioned workarounds already?

Cheers
Basti

Message 6 of 20 (10,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Clean driver, blah blah.  Yeah everybody waste 30 mins.  It doesn't work.  I did what that poster suggested regarding removing the possibly tainted AMD Windows 10 drivers and did a clean install.  Waste of 30 minutes.  Titanfall still won't launch.

Message 7 of 20 (9,981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever get Titanfall to work on Windows 10?  Clean install drivers poppycock does not work.

Message 8 of 20 (9,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The 'Clean installation drivers' does not work.  I have all of the other suggested libraries installed.  One suggested is on Windows 10 by default.  This should not be this hard.  No wonder people don't want to pay for games.

Message 9 of 20 (9,976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same is happening here with me guys, I bought a Samsung Activ 5, 8GB ram, Core i7 - 5500u, Nvidia 940m. DirectX 12 and ALL DRIVERS updated. The game simply will seem to load and disappears from the process. Any idea what might be going on?

Message 10 of 20 (9,884 Views)