Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Titanfall will not find a data center. Xbox One

by jbenjamin417

Original Post

Titanfall will not find a data center. Xbox One

★★★★ Newbie

I've had this game since the 18th. I have NEVER gotten the "Data Center: Searching" thing in the lower right corner to say anything besides searching. When I click "Play" I get a "Connecting: Retrieving Matchmaking List" window that never goes away.

All the correct ports are open.

I have power cycled the XBox, Router, and Modem. And cleared the cache. And plugged the XBox directly into the modem.

I don't have a Belkin router, so it's not that.

I've waited the thirty minutes TWICE to chat with EA's useless tech support twice. The first guy told me it was a known problem, and it was being worked on. The second person told me I needed to contact Xbox support. Which I did. There's nothing wrong with Live. If there was, then I wouldn't be able to play Ghosts or Ryse, right?

Best Buy won't take this useless thing back, because it's been opened. If this game won't run, how the hell do I get my money back? This is absolutely stupid.

Message 1 of 4 (1,259 Views)

Re: Titanfall will not find a data center. Xbox One

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Same issue, same frustration.

I've done my best to navigate some of these recommended solutions, but let's face it - the average layperson should not have to modify router port forwarding settings to get a game to work. This is an EA/MS problem and they should provide a sweeping fix via a patch or system update.
Message 2 of 4 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem.....it sucks..I'm stuck with a game I cannot freakin play...thanks EA

Message 3 of 4 (1,217 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I talked to someone from Repawn and they suggested using the belkin fix even if you don't have a belkin router. Worth a try?

https://getsatisfaction.com/belkinrouters/topics/titanfall_router_workaround

Message 4 of 4 (1,156 Views)

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com