Re: Titanfall will not find a data center. Xbox One

by chillfactor14

Original Post

Titanfall will not find a data center. Xbox One

★ Novice

I've had this game since the 18th. I have NEVER gotten the "Data Center: Searching" thing in the lower right corner to say anything besides searching. When I click "Play" I get a "Connecting: Retrieving Matchmaking List" window that never goes away.

All the correct ports are open.

I have power cycled the XBox, Router, and Modem. And cleared the cache. And plugged the XBox directly into the modem.

I don't have a Belkin router, so it's not that.

I've waited the thirty minutes TWICE to chat with EA's useless tech support twice. The first guy told me it was a known problem, and it was being worked on. The second person told me I needed to contact Xbox support. Which I did. There's nothing wrong with Live. If there was, then I wouldn't be able to play Ghosts or Ryse, right?

Best Buy won't take this useless thing back, because it's been opened. If this game won't run, how the hell do I get my money back? This is absolutely stupid.

Message 1 of 4 (1,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Same issue, same frustration.

I've done my best to navigate some of these recommended solutions, but let's face it - the average layperson should not have to modify router port forwarding settings to get a game to work. This is an EA/MS problem and they should provide a sweeping fix via a patch or system update.
Message 2 of 4 (1,382 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem.....it sucks..I'm stuck with a game I cannot freakin play...thanks EA

Message 3 of 4 (1,370 Views)

★★ Novice

I talked to someone from Repawn and they suggested using the belkin fix even if you don't have a belkin router. Worth a try?

https://getsatisfaction.com/belkinrouters/topics/titanfall_router_workaround

Message 4 of 4 (1,309 Views)