Re: Titanfall stuck in endless "Retrieving match making list" loop

by yadude123

Original Post

Titanfall stuck in endless "Retrieving match making list" loop

★★★ Novice

Hi, I just installed titanfall and whenever I try to play the game on any server I get a retrieving match making list message which attempts to connect from 1 to 10 times, then restarts the process, is anybody else having this problem? And how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 12 (23,399 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, can you check that the game, and Origin are both allowed through your firewall and/or anti-virus? I assume changing the Data Center doesn't have any effect? If you're using a VPN/proxy, please disable it.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (23,181 Views)

Hero

Please check you have the correct ports open - http://help.ea.com/en/article/online-ports-to-open-for-titanfall/

There's also a patch out so you might want to try and press check for update in Origin

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 12 (23,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As somebody who had this problem, and has done all of these fixes, I can save everybody else the trouble and say that none of this works. It is a problem with the servers, and EA knows this. Quit giving fake fixes, and focus on fixing the actual problem.

Message 4 of 12 (23,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Apparently all of my ports are open, my NAT type is open and Xbox Live was up. I had this exact same issue with the Beta, but I didn't have this issue for the Alpha. 

I can see the data centers, and I don't have issues with other online games either. I keep getting stuck on the ship loading screen and this locked me out of the beta as well. I don't think my college uses a Belkin Router either.

Can I please get some help with this? I haven't had an issue like this with any other game, EA or otherwise. Is Titanfall the only game to require this many ports open or forwarded?

Message 5 of 12 (23,135 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jijonbreaker wrote:

As somebody who had this problem, and has done all of these fixes, I can save everybody else the trouble and say that none of this works. It is a problem with the servers, and EA knows this. Quit giving fake fixes, and focus on fixing the actual problem.

Really glad I picked up the beta and found out that I had this issue as well. I won't be making the mistake of buying titanfall until I know I can actually play the damn game. 

Message 6 of 12 (23,124 Views)

OP respawn Tweeted that you need to keep trying since they are turning the servers on when you posted this. If you still can't play online please come back and tell us what else is happening.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 12 (23,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey I have a solution unless u have no friends with the game I got my buddy to invite me in and we played just fine so if u know some body who gets in no problem try that out it worked for me
Message 8 of 12 (22,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem is still there. I have every port open, and I have followed every step that I could take. I tried to play this game two weeks ago, with the same result. I'm really not happy with how EA is handling their server problems, it should not take this long to be working towards and finalizing a solution.

Message 9 of 12 (19,535 Views)

★ Novice

also had this problem and even had it fixed so i can tell you its the ip address for the game which has gone astray on your system, alas no idea how to repair as an online technician took control of my pc and did it for me, annoyingly i found remote control to still be on today and turned it off bringing this horror back, aaaaaagghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 12 (17,065 Views)