Titanfall refuses to use Nvidia card?

by LRV1987

Original Post

Re: Titanfall refuses to use *SOME* Nvidia cards

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Although I've not made much of a splash about this, it's always been my belief that there were laptops with Optimus GPUs that did work.  At least one such showed up this morning with an entirely different problem, so there has to be soething we can learn and apply to get past this fal to switch problem.  If I see that thread again, and remember this one, maybe I'll put in a link, but hey, my memory isn't what it used to be! 

OK, I'm back (using Edit), and here's her message thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Slow-Startup-Load-when-playing-mulitplayer/m-p/2512624#M21344

Message 21 of 32 (2,734 Views)

Re: Titanfall refuses to use Nvidia card?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Wow, i've been attempting to fix this problem since my friend bought me Titanfall yesterday, spent about 6 hours on this and finally found this thread. For a long time I thought it was a problem with the dedicated card, but when I literally forced the system to update to the new Intel Iris beta drivers (because for some reason even though my system is compatible it kept saying it wasn't) it finally got rid of the graphic glitches. Which is when I realised Titanfall isn't using the Nvidia dedicated card whatsoever.

I'm running an i5-3210 Acer V3-571G with a 630M GT. Still holds up well with modern games like BF4. Titanfall is the only game I'm playing right now that isn't detecting the card. I have to say I'm fairly sick of this bullsh*t because I've had it before with newly released games and everytime I mess around with every single possible solution and end up just having to wait until someone fixes it. The annoying thing is that in most places everyone keeps mixing up the graphic glitch issues of people running laptops with only the Intel integrated cards (now that's crazy desperation to play Titanfall!) with this real issue of the dedicated card not being detected.

tl:dr

Hey. Respawn. Titanfall isn't detecting my Nvidia dedicated card on my laptop. I've tried every solution. No really, I have. We're all waiting for the fix now, thanks.

http://pastebin.com/74DbGC7T

Update: Thread on Reddit of people discussing the issue: http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/207bmy/titanfall_not_using_nvidia_card/

Message 22 of 32 (2,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

No, fatbuds, whether the Geforce ever makes the correct switch action or not, you won't be playing the game as it was designed.  You do not have a game-quality GPU,  The bare minimum is a DESKTOP version of the GT 640, and you have on;y a 630, plus, it's the down-clocked laptop version. 

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8045&game=Titanfall

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GT-8800-vs-GeForce-GT-630

Newness, as always, is MEANINGLESS = only Performance is relative, and a GT 630 simply has none by comparison.  It fails on Memory Bandwith, on Memory Bus size. Memory Speed, on numbers of Rendering Processors, on numbers of Shader Units, on numbers of Texture Units, on measured Pixel Rates, on measured Textures rates. 

Message 23 of 32 (2,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If I can join a match and run the game on low settings with it using the integrated card at a just-barely playable fps then I refuse to accept your notion that the 630 won't even give it a good go. Thanks for the effort though.

Update: Hold on, where are you getting your information from? Official Titanfall minimum requirements says you need an Nvidia GeForce 8800GT, a desktop graphics card that was released 5 years before my 630GT. Who are you and which blind monkeys have been giving you positive points? Please refrain from replying to this thread until you have something useful to say.

Final update before I give up and go play Carmageddon: Reincarnation: According to that reddit thread and some other peeps, it might not be a problem with Respawn, it could actually be a problem with good old EA and Origin's forcing of games into using integrated cards due to their lack of seperate 3D profiles for each game (like Steam has). This isn't early days for Origin anymore, if this is the problem it really needs sorted. I'm not angry anyway, plenty of games to play while I wait. I'm just upset that in this age of gaming we still have full games released with glaring issues like this that take way too long to be noticed and fixed. Peace.

Message 24 of 32 (2,652 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Very well said FATBUDS. I am having the same issue. What really bothers me is that I can play Battlefield 4 with my GTX670M but Tittanfall will not recognize this card and is forcing me to use my "integrated card". The only response I have gotten is "Blame Nvidia". Guess I will just stick to Steam for games untill EA figures this out.

Message 25 of 32 (2,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Given that it is not a 100% across the board failure of all Geforce Optimus cards, Respawn probably will never have an opportunity to do anything.  nVIDIA never responded to the same error for the Elder Scriolls and Fallout gamee, and Optimus fails out of the box there, until seriously tweaked, I imagine that a quarter part to half of Optimus owners trying to run Titanfall are left out to dry in the wind by nVIDIA. 

About which, here is where to discuss that indifference:  

https://forums.geforce.com/

If at least half of Optimus cards do work, and the real odds are that it is higher than that, then there is some switch somewhere in the graphics setting that differs, so in time, whatever is going one will eventually be pinpointed.  In the m,eantime, stick with an older model desktop PC out of the Attic. 

Message 26 of 32 (2,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english.. i'm learning Standard smile  Same problem of you! I'm using a MSI GE60 with a Nvidia GTX 660M GPU. Titanfall don't detect my card... But i don't understand. I didn't encounter this issue during the beta. I was playing very well without graphic issue AND with high graphics.

So i searched... no solution in Nvidia forums, no solution here. Should I request a refund? Is it possible? Because it seems that Nvidia and EA don't want to patch it...

Titanfall is the only game that i can't play, it's 80€ (dlc pass) wasted...

DXdiag if it can help:  http://pastebin.com/ZYn9NmAK

Message 27 of 32 (2,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'd probably wait and see if any fix comes out. It's early days and if enough of us report the problem it could be resolved. After all quite a few people seem to be reporting that in the beta the game was detecting dedicated cards just fine, so regardless of whether its Nvidia, EA or Respawn's problem it might just take an easy revert. In the future I'd recommend not listening to reps on these forums as they seem to talk complete bollocks, you're best listening to other people trying to actually sort out the issue. Reddit's usually the best place.

Message 28 of 32 (2,603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's silly how dumb EA can be. They can't even publish games anymore... They sit there and blame nVidea when it happens on AMD cards to. Same problem happened to me with BF4, their support (3 seperate times) was **bleep** clueless to a fix - and blamed my god damn ISP after I proved it wasn't my driver's fault. The fixc ended up being me running the x86 (32 bit) version of the game. That's not an option with Titanfall, so I still would like a damn answer. I'm sick of doing their job for them, I purchased the game game - and you give tis bs support? No wonder they get voted the worst company in America every year.

Message 29 of 32 (2,479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also had a similar problem on Titanfall 2. Because of Origin, Titanfall 2 was always using the integrated graphics even if I select Nvidia graphics in Nvidia control panel for Titanfall 2. This is what worked for me on Titanfall 2 trial.

So I am assuming it will work on Titanfall 1 also.

I changed the "Preferred graphics processor" for "Global Settings" to "High-performance Nvidia processor" in "Nvidia Control Panel" under "Manage 3D settings", started the game using origin and it started using Nvidia gpu. Hope it helps.

Message 30 of 32 (1,689 Views)