Accepted Solution

Titanfall "resolution unsuported"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Message 1 of 14 (15,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall "resolution unsuported"

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for letting us know. This error affected some people in our board and it is good that Nvidia has an official workaround for that problem. Please feel free to share this workaround to the community if you see someone with the same issue.

I mirror the linked message here and mark this problem as solved for better visibility in our community: 

When I attempt to launch Titanfall for the first time, I get a "Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution unsupported?" error message

The first time you launch Titanfall, the game will attempt to launch at a screen resolution of 1280x720.  If your monitor does not support this resolution, the game will fail to launch and present you with this error message.  To correct this, go to:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall\local

Open up videoconfig.txt with Microsoft Notepad.   

Change the following lines to a supported screen resolution. For example if your PC monitor supports 1080p, you would edit the file with the following values:

"setting.defaultres"       "1920"
"setting.defaultresheight"       "1080"

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (17,503 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for letting us know. This error affected some people in our board and it is good that Nvidia has an official workaround for that problem. Please feel free to share this workaround to the community if you see someone with the same issue.

I mirror the linked message here and mark this problem as solved for better visibility in our community: 

When I attempt to launch Titanfall for the first time, I get a "Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution unsupported?" error message

The first time you launch Titanfall, the game will attempt to launch at a screen resolution of 1280x720.  If your monitor does not support this resolution, the game will fail to launch and present you with this error message.  To correct this, go to:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall\local

Open up videoconfig.txt with Microsoft Notepad.   

Change the following lines to a supported screen resolution. For example if your PC monitor supports 1080p, you would edit the file with the following values:

"setting.defaultres"       "1920"
"setting.defaultresheight"       "1080"

Message 2 of 14 (17,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This Really Helped Thanks man! Standard smile

Message 3 of 14 (15,259 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another solution, in my case.Disconnect any other panel from your VGA, use only your main panel.

Message 4 of 14 (14,526 Views)

Community Manager

@Tyhael Hey, I think you might have meant to post this on the TItanfall 2 board, where this seems to be a helpful step. 

Anyway, thanks for posting and please let us know if you have any issues with any of our games. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 14 (14,440 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 6 of 14 (14,429 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went to that file but mine already says my monitors resolution, So im not sure what to do. The game used to run fine.

Message 7 of 14 (12,718 Views)

Community Manager

@Omgilovesteaks Hey, can you swap to Windowed mode? Can I check what your resolution is? I'd also like to double check if your resolution matches the native resolution of your monitor?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 14 (12,704 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well. Any luck solving it?

Message 9 of 14 (12,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What you need to do is find the two lines; (C:\Users\"username"\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local)

"setting.fullscreen" "1"
"setting.nowindowborder" "0"

This is telling the game to launch in fullscreen mode, all you need to do is change them to;

"setting.fullscreen" "0"
"setting.nowindowborder" "1"

The game will now launch in Windowed mode at 1280x720 and will stop the error, all you need to do now is go into the game settings and change it to full screen.

Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 10 of 14 (11,575 Views)