Titanfall on PC crashing ASUS router

by castoruk

Original Post

Titanfall on PC crashing ASUS router

★★★ Newbie

Hi all.

I've just started experiancing a major problem with TF on my PC.

I can load TF ok but when I click the PLAY link I'm taken to the loading screen but it just eventually times out and I descover that its crashed my router.

I need to switch-off and power on the router to reenable internet access. This happens eveytime I try to play TF.

I've even downgraded to a previous firmware version on the router just in case the recent upgrade was causing the problem but it made no difference. I already have a static IP for the PC instead of random allocated one.

I know that there are a number of questions noting a problem with Belkin router but I'm using a ASUS RT-N56U, plus the link to that solution is gone anyway.

Any suggestions?

System:

PC Win 8.1 64-bit

Intel i5-4670K 3.40GHz

8 GB RAM

GeForece GTX 770 - 344.60 driver

Message 1 of 7 (626 Views)

Re: Titanfall on PC crashing ASUS router

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem

Same Router

Nothing else does this.

Message 2 of 7 (590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've acually fixed this issue.

I needed to repare the TF install, after this the problem went away.

Still have the problem where I get dropped every 4th game but that's a different issue.

Message 3 of 7 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same issue here with ASUS-N56U. 

This configuration used to be fine but I think the most recent update is clashing with the router for some reason.

Repairing does not work for me unfortunately so I hope a fix comes out soon..

Message 4 of 7 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

eyups, same thing still happening here, still no fixes out there and hopefully there is one soon

Message 5 of 7 (497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue... same router. It used to work fine on Windows 7. Started having problems as soon as I updated it to 8.1

Message 6 of 7 (456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, same router, started happening around October/November of last year. The only that worked for me was completely reinstalling the game, but then the next time I launched it it happens again Frown

Message 7 of 7 (368 Views)