Titanfall not recognising XBox Live Gold membership on XBox One

by Xaeldn

Original Post

Titanfall not recognising XBox Live Gold membership on XBox One

★★★ Newbie

Recently (3 days ago) purchased an XBox One bundle with Titanfall.

Activated 1 month free gold membership, installed Titanfall and successfully played for a few hours.

Returning the next day, upon launching Titanfall requests I buy Gold membership. If I choose not to, the title screen shows "PLAY" as greyed out, with the message "Multiplayer not available for this profile."

If I return to my XBox One homescreen and go to my subscriptions, it confirms I have an active one month free gold membership.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Titanfall produced no progress. Opening the recommended TCP/UDP ports produced no progress. Not sure where to go from here. I thought that maybe the issue was related to the Lizard Squad DDoS attacks but the XBox Live server status site has since reverted to 'all good'.

Message 1 of 4 (1,552 Views)

Re: Titanfall not recognising XBox Live Gold membership on XBox One

Community Manager (retired)

Have you tried to play any other game in multiplayer mode after this issue occured? You can try to clear your console cache (hold down your finger on the Xbox One icon on your console for about 10 seconds) or to delete and re-install your Gamertag profile.

Please keep us updated.

Basti

Message 2 of 4 (1,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got the same problem. Not managed to play the game yet with Xbox live gold trial.

I've cleared my profile and the persistent storage, but hasn't made any difference.

I don't have any other multiplayer games yet so can't try that.

Any ideas?

David

Message 3 of 4 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi all!

Update, I've been successfully playing Forza 5  and using YouTube which apparently requires a Gold Live account.

Just opened up Titanfall again today to see how it's going and it looks like it's working :o

Also, I didn't mention earlier, but when I first set up the Xbox One and loaded up Titanfall it worked for a few hours.

If it stops recognising Live Gold again I'll update, but for the time being it's functional.

Message 4 of 4 (1,495 Views)