Re: Titanfall installation crashes PC

by ArthurCrackpot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall installation crashes PC

★★ Novice

I have tried over a dozen times to install/repair Titanfall. Each time, it fully crashes my PC; no freeze or slowdown, just an instant crash as if someone pulled the power cord. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, and I think I've narrowed down the point it crashes to when it's unpacking the audio files. The game is playable after this occurs, but random sound effects, music etc will be replaced with a static noise. I'm running Origin as administrator, and have tried deleting specific audio files and repairing the installation as suggested in other threads. This does nothing, however, as the repair just crashes the PC again.

What do I need to do to get this to stop?

Message 1 of 2 (155 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well, I was finally able to brute-force it simply by selecting "repair" after every crash. Since it always crashed during audio installation, which picks up where it leaves off, I was able to get it to finish repairing after over 20 attempts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well, I was finally able to brute-force it simply by selecting "repair" after every crash. Since it always crashed during audio installation, which picks up where it leaves off, I was able to get it to finish repairing after over 20 attempts.

Message 2 of 2 (146 Views)