Titanfall freezes after kills

by ArthurCrackpot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall freezes after kills

★★ Novice

Well, this is easily the weirdest bug I've encountered in a game.

After spending the weekend fighting Origin, which kept fully crashing my PC during the audio installation, I finally managed to get the game installed. The game is functionally unplayable, however, as now it instantly freezes whenever I score a kill.

This occurs with kills against both Pilots and Grunts (no clue yet if Titan kills trigger it, as I haven't been in a match long enough to kill one). As soon as the killshot is dealt, the game instantly freezes and has to be manually closed with Task Manager. It's worth noting that this does not occur with Grunt kills in the tutorial, only in online matches.

Googling and searching this site has brought up nothing. I'm apparently the only person this has happened to, What in the hell could be causing this?

Message 1 of 2 (164 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall freezes after kills

Community Manager

@ArthurCrackpot That's very strange, I'd fear there's a hardware issue at play. That your machine was shutting down while attempting an install suggests that there's a hardware issue. 

I'd start by checking your hard drive/hard drives for issues by running the chkdsk command. 

You can find info on how to do so here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872425.aspx

If it finds an issue hopefully it can be repaired and you'll be good going forward. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)

All Replies

Re: Titanfall freezes after kills

Community Manager

@ArthurCrackpot That's very strange, I'd fear there's a hardware issue at play. That your machine was shutting down while attempting an install suggests that there's a hardware issue. 

I'd start by checking your hard drive/hard drives for issues by running the chkdsk command. 

You can find info on how to do so here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872425.aspx

If it finds an issue hopefully it can be repaired and you'll be good going forward. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (172 Views)