Re: Titanfall Won't start/launch at all (PC)

by INight00

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I just bought an msi stealth pro (clearly it can run this game with the nvidia geforce 870M) but when I try to launch it syncs with the cloud and crashes. It says "titanfall.exe has stopped working" 

I've started it as an admin and I've "fixed" it through origin.  I honestly can't figure out what the problem would be.

(I'm in America by the way)

Message 71 of 96 (4,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm using an Nvidia graphics card aswell, this should work for you.
Have you tried right clicking your Titanfall desktop icon and selecting "Run with graphics processor"
then selecting your nvidia card?

Point to note: make sure Origin is NOT running before doing this... it shouldn't be open (task bar and task manager).

Message 72 of 96 (4,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still no fix? :c

I tried this game when it was free for 2 days, it worked the first time, but the second time it won't launch. I did everything compatibility, directx, repair game, reinstall the game (downloaded 50gb ConfusedmileymadStandard smile

I thought that if you buy it, it'll work, but still no :c Damn you EA!

I'm using Windows 8.1 btw.

Message 73 of 96 (4,742 Views)

★ Novice

The link of the solution of this topic is crashed? i have the same problem, i click in titanfall icon and nothing happens... 

Error ID :06ff737680008ae9

Message 74 of 96 (4,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just a suggestion, but i was having a similar issue where titanfall would sync but not load. After trying all the potential solutions listed on this forum, nothing worked. so i went to control panel>systems and security> windows update then clicked on "check for updates" ...turns out there were 3 updates two being optional.two of the optional was a graphics card program update. so i selected all of the updates(better safe than sorry) and after dowload, installation and a restart of my computer. long and behold Titanfall work.   

Message 75 of 96 (4,330 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been unable to launch Titanfall since the update 8 came out. It'll show a flash of the first frame of the first logo sequence before the game produces a Windows close program window.

So far I've tried:

• Running repair of Titanfall
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Titanfall
  • Following advice I looked around for to download the latest Windows updates which included Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2010.

I can't see anybody else reporting a launch problem after downloading the latest update. Any suggestions which might help out?

Message 76 of 96 (4,136 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing here. I'm running an AMD Radeon videocard.

Message 77 of 96 (4,083 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce, so that might mean it's nothing to do with the graphics cards.

Message 78 of 96 (4,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, won't even start up. Just flashes and says Titanfall.exe stopped working. So still no workaround for this? 

I have:

intel i7 2.4ghz

8gb Ram

Nvidia 750m (intel 4600) graphics

I've tried:

Updating Intel Graphics Drivers

Uninstalling & Redownloading

Checking Update

Repairing Game

Downloading "platform.rar" folder I've seen in a few forums. Copied the files into the Titanfall folder to no avail. 

Restarting My computer Multiple times

I've tried contacting EA, but when I had them call me, but the call got "dropped". I got an e-mail with a case number but still nothing.

I get the feeling that EA doesn't really want to keep supporting a game that has competition like Destiny & COD:AW. Just speculation of course, but why in the world would so many people have the same problem and no-one seem to have a definite fix. Unless I figure this out, it's the last game I buy through Origin. 

Message 79 of 96 (4,016 Views)

★ Novice

Im having the same problem did what everyone else has done and searched endlessly on google. Come on EA and origin buying a game and we cant even play it for months and you wont even at the very least respond to us. This game was pretty fun to, what a shame.

Message 80 of 96 (3,940 Views)