Titanfall Download Space?

by PoptartGaming

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall Download Space?

★★★ Novice

I just recently downloaded Titanfall. That worked fine. Then I started installing it and my PC crashed. I came back on and tried again and the install was corrupt. I followed some instructions of deleting the corrupt file and repairing the game files. After I did this I had to re-download the game. This wouldn't be a problem if all my hard-drive space wasn't taken up by what seems to be nothing. When I repaired the game it left all the old files in my hard drive and even if I delete them then I still don't get any hard drive space back. I had 50 gbs taken out just to download and now I can't because they are filled. Does anyone know how to delete them permanently or atleast get hard drive space back? If I can't get it to work then I swear I am never buying another game off of Origin again because I just want to play the game and not go through 48 hours of trying to fix the game before I can actually play it.

Message 1 of 7 (325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall Download Space?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Multi-Terabyte Hdds are quite inexpensive these days, and on even a half TB, that 50 GBs is only 10 percent worth.  Nevertheless, not having uninstalled this game to date, I am not familiar with what happens.  Is everything that should be deleted all still stuck in your recycle bin?  If not, have you got a Cleaner utility you can turn loose on the system? 

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (325 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Multi-Terabyte Hdds are quite inexpensive these days, and on even a half TB, that 50 GBs is only 10 percent worth.  Nevertheless, not having uninstalled this game to date, I am not familiar with what happens.  Is everything that should be deleted all still stuck in your recycle bin?  If not, have you got a Cleaner utility you can turn loose on the system? 

Message 2 of 7 (326 Views)

★★★ Novice
I can try this. Do you have a cleaner that you would recommend? I don't know any popular or good ones.
Message 3 of 7 (315 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have used Ccleaner in between driver changes for quite some time, rather than take a chance with conflicts between old and new drivers.  I recommend Major Geeks as a source. 

Message 4 of 7 (312 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok thanks. I'll try those and get back to you if they work.
Message 5 of 7 (311 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks man this worked. I guess. I just deleted the file from the recycle bin and I got the HDD space back. 

Message 6 of 7 (301 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There you go!  Glad to have helped! 

Message 7 of 7 (295 Views)