Re: Titanfall - Crash to desktop

by shenri89

Original Post

Titanfall - Crash to desktop

★★★ Newbie

http://pastebin.com/HTjM0amN

Hi. Since I've bought titanfall i havent been able to play it, im able to get onto the main menu and then when i goto play it just constantly loads then when i think the game is about to start my screen just goes black, automatically closes the game and puts me back to desktop.

I have updated gfx driver but to no avail. Im really struggling and this is so annoying, any help?

Message 1 of 9 (1,323 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You can try using the Geforce Experience to customize your graphics drivers for the game.  Download and install the program, and run it.  It is more or less semi-automatic. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Except for the tiny little problem that NVIDIA GeForce Experience does NOT recognize Titanfall! Confusedmileytongue:

Message 3 of 9 (1,271 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There is a manual option in which you browse your way to the game's EXE file, if I understand that part well enough: 

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3173/~/geforce-experience-cant-find-my-games.

Message 4 of 9 (1,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Nvida Experience but I've a GTX260 and i can't use GForce Experience.

Message 5 of 9 (1,239 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

OK, I'm at a loss, if there is no error message of any kind, but here's one last possibility -- how old is your power supply, what model is it, and what brand? 

Message 6 of 9 (1,209 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

there is an error for him its ntdll.dll crashing him. I've cleaned his computer of all nvidia drivers, reinstalled them updated .net,direct x and still nothing. His PSU I think is around 650w its about 6 years old tho I fail to see how his PSU has anything to do with the game closing down? If he was having power issues it would of flagged up in his event viewer. I think his GPU is timing out or hanging when loading into the menu? 

Message 7 of 9 (1,176 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As I recall, the PSU is totally outside of the purview of the Operating System.  In six years, at about 10% deterioration per year on average, the PSU is overdue for replacement. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,165 Views)

★★ Novice

Try uptade BIOS (soorry for bad english im from Poland)
For me it's works. I to have ntdll.dll error, but BIOS uptade its work's for me!

Message 9 of 9 (569 Views)