Titanfall Crash and Overlay issues.

by Manshiny

Original Post

Titanfall Crash and Overlay issues.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I installed Titanfall on two seperate computers last night. Upon restart, I started having an issue.,

Prior to restarting, I added Titanfall to steam as a non-steam game to both laptops for easier access.

So after the restart, Titanfall would continually freeze on startup at the Respawn Entertainment screen. The only way to avoid this is to disable Origin Overlay. I removed Titanfall from steam via remove shortcut, and searched my steam folder for "titanfall" and removed 1 file.

The problem now is that:
A) I can't play Titanfall without disabling the ORIGIN overlay

and

B) I believe the Steam overlay (which appears everytime I open Titanfall) may be causing the issue.

and

C) Steam seems to have linked into Titanfall and I cannot remove the overlay from the game at all. If I close steam and launch from desktop/origin/exe, it will open steam and bring up steam overlay and I freeze at "respawn entertainment".

I also just realized that it freezes straight after the steam overlay notification appears.

I tried contacting steam, but the community doesn't have any valid answers to fix the issue, just avoid it and I can't "Ask a question" because it won't allow me too.

I'd like to fix the issue, not avoid it.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (1,321 Views)

Re: Titanfall Crash and Overlay issues.

Community Manager (retired)

We are aware that the Origin In Game overlay can cause some issues with the stability and/or performance of a game. Our team is investigating this issue and if you have trouble we recommend to just leave the overlay disabled. As Steam is a third party client, we are not able to help you out here with any Steam client related issues.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 6 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for the reply,

I send a query to steam regarding the steam issue, since that is what they do.

If anyone else is having issues with this, I will copy and key things over from steam.

Message 3 of 6 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem Confusedmileysad: did you fix it all ready?

Message 4 of 6 (961 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here, I don't want to disable origin overlay because I cannot invite friends to party... This is not good at all.

Message 5 of 6 (790 Views)

★★ Novice

@JasonLovesTears wrote:

Same issue here, I don't want to disable origin overlay because I cannot invite friends to party... This is not good at all.

I agree, if you ask me some people (Origin or Titanfall) need to get their **bleep** together... (sigh) -.-

Message 6 of 6 (394 Views)