Re: Titanfall Black Screen on launch, XBOX ONE.

by UnderDCARG

Original Post

Titanfall Black Screen on launch, XBOX ONE.

★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I have read previous posts where a hard reboot, reinstalling or simply changing region fixed the problem, but I have tried everything to no avail.

A bunch of friends and I are facing this issue. I don't remember exactly when it first appeared, but it must have been a week already. 

I am in the Preview program, so that might be related. I already applied to deregister, but it is pending. I don't know what else to do.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 14 (638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You should try to reboot your machine. The game will work fine

Message 2 of 14 (611 Views)

★ Novice

I bought the game yesterday because of the discount, I'm not in the preview program and have the same problem. Already tried soft and hard reset of the xbone and nothing, still black screen after respawn intro video. I'll uninstall and reinstall to see what happens...

Message 3 of 14 (608 Views)

★★★ Novice

I contacted Microsoft support last night.

We deleted profile, cleared persistent storage (5 times), cleared cache (hard reboot), and redownloaded the profile.

Nothing worked.

The rep told me the last thing we could try is restore to factory settings, which I don't really want to do.

I will wait a few more days for the November update to see if that solves it.

Message 4 of 14 (606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I did restore to factory settings and it didn´t work either. I think is a game problem and EA must fix this ASAP. Im having this issue since Update 8.

A couple of friends are having the same issue as well. Thinking about leaving Titanfall for good, but Ive just bought the season pack.

I´ve contacted xbox support and EA support and nobody could give a working solution... 

Feel  cheated... I want my money back! in order to use it to buy a decent game ... 

Message 5 of 14 (588 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Pablo.

Now I know not to do that factory reset in vain. What did the people at EA say?

Message 6 of 14 (583 Views)

★★★ Novice

Contacated EA and they are contacting the Studio. My case number is 15678008

They said they would be sending me a response via e-mail. We'll see.

Message 7 of 14 (581 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you find a solution as Im having this issue too?

Message 8 of 14 (553 Views)

★ Novice

Finally I found a solution (also credit to @XboxSupport on tw):

I had the problem of the screen going black and freezing after respawn intro video, nothing worked. I contacted @XboxSupport in tw and they asked me to check some things, between this things the connection. I had the xbox on wireless connection and when I check the detailed network statistics I found that had 3% of packet loss and high latency (over 240ms). What they suggest was to try wired connection. So I decided to do what I always to do in my house: lan wire through the telephone pipes inside the walls. After doing all that and with the xbox on wired connection I checked the network statistics: 0% packet loss and latency 160ms, much better. Checked Titanfall...... same....... BUT just before having no hope I uninstalled and reinstalled the game only this time would be over wired connection... GUESS WHAT?? IT WORKS FLAWLESLY!

Have no doubt that this could not be the reason for the game to work, but this is exactly what I did and resolved my problem. Hope it helps someone out there!!

Message 9 of 14 (540 Views)

★★★ Novice

I already re-downloaded the game twice. I have always used a wired connection and my packet loss is 0%. My latency is 235ms, which isn't great, but I always get that latency. I am in South America. 

Still black screen after the Respawn video.

I am waiting for them to release the November dashboard update to see if that fixes it. I am having the exact same problem with the trial version of NBA LIVE 15, also EA. All other games work fine.

Message 10 of 14 (533 Views)