Titanfall Audio Installation Failed! Decode: Corrupt secondary header 1.

by isaiahq420

Original Post

Re: Titanfall Audio Installation Failed! Decode: Corrupt secondary header 1.

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the help Grim it worked.

Message 11 of 43 (3,667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm glad it helped. I remember how frustrated I was before someone posted the solution for me in beta. 

Message 12 of 43 (3,656 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried this... Now I get error 262149:131086 when repairing.

I've been dealing with this for over 24 hours now... 

Message 13 of 43 (3,650 Views)

Community Manager

If Grim's fix doesn't help, try removing and re-adding Origin to your exceptions lists for your Firewall/Anti-Virus. and try again.

@ithrax It might also help to flush your DNS cache.

Flushing your DNS cache

• Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type ‘cmd’ in the ‘Search programs and files’ field and press enter 
  • Type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ and press enter
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 14 of 43 (3,647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I flushed my DNS, but the issue persisted. 

I just switched my DNS settings to google's open DNS servers to see if that will help.

I seem to always have problems with Origin downloads. Confusedmileysad:

I'll update if anything works, 

Message 15 of 43 (3,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks to the community on attempting to resolve this. I am having a very similar problem, although my error message reads differently:

Titanfall Audio Installation Failed!

Pak file "\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall\vpk\Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_000.vpk" contains corrupt decompressed audio data.

(Checksum 0x1d38beb7 !=0xbab7a8f7).

(Item at offset 9780304041, size 409696)

I tried the solution here, which only resulted in a different error message appearing at the same point in the installation (~31% completed). I have already had to download and reload the enormous file twice with no benefit. Recommendations please?

EDIT:

Deleting the entire list of items in the cam_list.txt file allowed the install to complete. Not sure what standing this leaves the game in but maybe it's progress.

EDIT 2:

Origin's repair game option flags the install as faulty and attempts to repair it, but then presents this error:

DOWNLOAD ERROR

Origin tried to write to a file, but it's missing. Please re-launch Origin and try again.

Closing and re-opening Origin results in the same error. Is there a solution to this?

Message 16 of 43 (3,597 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks all for reporting this. Just as a heads up, we are looking into it.
Message 17 of 43 (3,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where is repair located? Looked in ever folder and cannot find it. install will not complete due to Audio file problem.

Message 18 of 43 (3,384 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just had this problem as well and it's nice to know about the cam_list.txt workaround but there is still obviously an issue with the preloading process. In my case it looks like the Origin client is seeing all 6 major VPK audio files as corrupt and I'd rather not have to redownload 35GB of data since I have a data cap, I would rather appreciate a solution that makes file repair possible with minimal downloading.

Surely there is nothing actually wrong with the files and the Origin client is just reading them wrong? It would be highly unusual for so many people to download these specific files as corrupt, unless they were already corrupt on the Origin servers in the first place...

Message 19 of 43 (3,289 Views)

★ Novice

has anyone found a solution to the corrupy files, I have tryed to install this for the last day and dont want to spend my time on this anymore, I just want to play. I did get to play the Beta. but this is crazy 

Message 20 of 43 (3,264 Views)