Re: Titanfall Audio Installation Failed! Decode: Corrupt secondary header 1.

by isaiahq420

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall Audio Installation Failed! Decode: Corrupt secondary header 1.

★★★ Newbie

So I finished my preload earlier today and have been trying for hours to get it to install. After reaching about 32% on the install I then get the message:

Titanfall Audio Installation Failed!

Decode: Corrupt secondary header 1.
In file "\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Titanfall\vpk\Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_000.vpk"
Offset 9658444179, Size 61627

Not sure of what it means. I have attempted running Origin in admin and turning UAC to the lowest settings as well as disabling all antivirus and windows defense applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry also this is the PC version.

Message 1 of 43 (30,549 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This happened to me in Beta and happend again during my pre load. There was a solution on the beta forums and it worked for me again.

1. Go into the titanfall folder vpk and open the notepad file cam_list

2. Delete the the Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_000.vpk (in notepad file cam_list,  not the actual file) and save

3. install again (don't repair it will put it back)

4. Once the install is complete repair the game

When I did this in beta I played without repairing and the sound was messed up. Once I repaired it it fixed the issue. I was able to install tonight and repair. I can't check the sound untill the game comes out.

edit: delete pak000_00x.vpk   whichever one is giving you the error in cam_list

View in thread

Message 6 of 43 (32,173 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Everyone who has had this problem too.

I was instructed by Origin live chat support to run  repair on Titanfall so the game files could be reverified. Hopefully this is the fix if not I will be contacting them again. I will let everyone know though if it works when it's finished. Currently it's attempting repairs after verifying the game files. I'm sure in the next few days this problem will affect a great deal more then the 7 of us.

Message 2 of 43 (30,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay that didn't work! 

Instead it is now a new message:

Titanfall Audio Installation Failed!

Decode:Corrupt or missing data in bitstream. In file "\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Titanfall\vpk\Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_004.vpk" Offset 1874154794, size 61952. 

So I really have no idea what the hell to do tomorrow I'm calling support maybe they will have a new answer that actually works.

Message 3 of 43 (30,300 Views)

★★ Novice

I talked to support and they said they couldn't help me with the problem. Ugh

Message 4 of 43 (30,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Luckily the woman I spoke with earlier was very eager to help but I couldn't do anything else while talking to her becaue I was attempting to repair the game. She also sent me an email though with some other methods of trying to fix the issue here it is if anyone wants to give one a try and let everyone know if it works. 

EA customer support:

This is just a follow up email regarding your Titanfall. As promised here are the other steps that you would need to follow to complete the troubleshooting steps,
1.Update the game.
2.Disable the Origin in-game overlay (IGO).
3.Perform a clean boot.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
4.Create a new admin account
If in case that the issue would still persist you can always contact us back and we'll be glad to assist you.

Message 5 of 43 (30,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This happened to me in Beta and happend again during my pre load. There was a solution on the beta forums and it worked for me again.

1. Go into the titanfall folder vpk and open the notepad file cam_list

2. Delete the the Client_mp_common.bsp.pak000_000.vpk (in notepad file cam_list,  not the actual file) and save

3. install again (don't repair it will put it back)

4. Once the install is complete repair the game

When I did this in beta I played without repairing and the sound was messed up. Once I repaired it it fixed the issue. I was able to install tonight and repair. I can't check the sound untill the game comes out.

edit: delete pak000_00x.vpk   whichever one is giving you the error in cam_list

Message 6 of 43 (32,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok I just tried @grimwake solution  and it seem to work. I didn't take any chance and deleted all the .vpk name in the list. 

Then I installed the game again and it work perfectly. 

Afterward I did the repair and this time around it didn't give me any error and the game is now installed on Origin. 

But of course there's no way for sure that it's working perfectly since I can't launch the game, but it's the only solution thus far that have worked. 

Thanks !!

Message 7 of 43 (30,174 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Keep this in mind:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Fixing-audio-failed-installation/m-p/2464376#U2464376

Be aware that the servers will be up and back down again right up to the official start date.  You should have some pre-release opportunities for testing. 

Message 8 of 43 (30,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good to know, I just bookmarked it. Since right now it's installed I don't want to try something else but if on launch day it doesn't work I will certainly try this. At least, it's good to know there's working solution out there. 

Message 9 of 43 (30,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Grimwake, 

Thanks for the help your solution worked. 

Message 10 of 43 (30,088 Views)