TitanFall Incompatabillity with MSI Afterburner Please help!!!!

by INS4NE_ASSASSIN

Original Post

TitanFall Incompatabillity with MSI Afterburner Please help!!!!

★ Novice

Hi. Took me nearly 10 hours to get titanfall to work yesterday after hours of talking to tech support, uninstalling and re-installing programs and drivers. I finally found that the problem was MSI afterburner. it not so much of an issue when im playing on my own as i can re-enable it once game has loaded but if i wish to connect with friends and play i cant have it enabled as the game overlay doesnt work and if i connect with friend before enabling Afterburner soon as i enable it the game crashes.

My main use for MSI Afterburner is to keep my expensive graphics cards cool via the fan controller and to keep an eye on temps using the on screen desplay if I am going to buy this game i need to know that this issue is going to be fixed. Ive used Afterburner for years and this is the first game that has ever given me problems.

I loved this game but unless this issue is fixed i wont be buying it so can you please confirm that this issue is going to be looked into. this computer has cost me a fortune im not about to compromise on the one programe that allows me to be sure none of it is getting too hot.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7 (1,891 Views)

Re: TitanFall Incompatabillity with MSI Afterburner Please help!!!!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

this happened to me too, since the last Origin update several days ago - basically the game won't start with MSI running. I read in the Respawn forums that if you turn off Origin in-game overlay, it should work fine again. haven't had a chance to try it yet, but maybe this will work for you.

Origin overlay is notoriously buggy. seems like every time they update it, it gets worse or causes new problems - so if Titanfall is/will be your first Origin game you'll eventually get used to it xD

Message 2 of 7 (1,881 Views)

★ Apprentice

yup - turning overlay off worked for me.

Message 3 of 7 (1,864 Views)

★ Novice

Turning overlay off didnt work for me and how can you invite and play with friends without it.

If this was a single player game i wouldnt be too fussed but as its a multi only games i want to be able to play with friends rather than just randoms

My game time has just finished and matchmaking was useless i was waiting upto 20 minutes for a game.

Please fix the above problems then i will buy thanks

Message 4 of 7 (1,858 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We are aware that the Origin in-game overlay can cause some trouble and our team is working on this. Please disable Origin in-game if you have trouble, you can invite friends from your Origin f-list without using the overlay but will need to have the list open on a second monitor or tab back to your desktop.

Cheers

Basti

Message 5 of 7 (1,832 Views)

★ Novice

when i turn "in game" off in the setting it doesnt turn the overlay off or has this been fixed it the latest update?

thanks.

Message 6 of 7 (1,796 Views)

★★ Novice

I did disable it. But it is active, when i start Titanfall. The configuration tab of the origin-in-game shows me, that it is disabled. Strange programm...

Message 7 of 7 (1,476 Views)