Re: TitanFall Audio Installation failed !

by abovee420

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What I did to finally solve the issue for me:

I tried EVERYTHING. And I mean, EVERYTHING. Nothing solved my issue, and the only 'temporary fix' that worked somewhat for me was to delete the contents of the 'CAMLIST' file located in the 'vpk' folder within the Titanfall installation directory. Even that only let me play some of the time before I ran into the 'file doesn't match the server' issue and I'd be disconnected and kicked from the lobby.

Ultimately, I replaced my host file because I wasn't able to even login to EA to post about my issue.

Also, I installed Titanfall  in the default directory, whereas before I had been installing it in a seperate, specified directory on a seperate drive.

I'm sure this won't help everyone, but hopefully it'll help others like me who'd tried EVERYTHING else to no avail.

[Edit] - I jumped the gun in thinking the problem was completely solved. Typical EA.
I'm still getting the 'file doesn't match the server' error, despite having had a completely 100% error-free installation.

Message 21 of 44 (2,701 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks albertotore!!!!!!Confusedmileylol:

Message 22 of 44 (2,672 Views)

★ Novice

Trying to play for the free weekend. 

Same issue as everyone else has said.

Message 23 of 44 (2,598 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Message 24 of 44 (2,486 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@jeurme wrote:

My evening:

me:  3rd attempt
5%
 Sent at 10:22 PM on Friday
 <FRIEND NAME> Booo
Is it an audio file that's not installing correctly?
 me:  uhhhhh...
how the hell would i know that 
its 3 discs... says instaling
 Sent at 10:36 PM on Friday
 me:  slowly slowly the percentage incsrease... says insert disc 2... then 3... then just stops. and goes away.
 Sent at 10:38 PM on Friday
 me:  i know what the problem is
"disc read error"  the solution is to download the entire game from the internet through origin
you know what that means.
the disc is a piece of **bleep** that was released with an error and they can hot fix the download but not burnd dvds
 Sent at 11:09 PM on Friday
 me:  but instead of pulling the disc origin is such a pos company that they just let their moronic customers wade throught the s*** because they know it won't make any difference and we'll still give them $$ and play their games

Message 25 of 44 (2,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I might just be really stupid and completely computer illiterate but where and how did you remove the file?

Message 26 of 44 (2,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive god it !!!!!!!!! this work for me try it out 

This error is caused by the Origin service downloading a corrupt file and then trying to unpack and install it. The solution is:

1. Close the Origin window.

2. Navigate to the folder indicated in the error message, find the offending file and delete it.

3. Open Origin, right click on Titanfall and select "Repair"

The file will be downloaded again and the installation will be completed successfully.

Message 27 of 44 (2,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My free game time started when I first tried to launch this game, then it immediately crashed. I spent the rest of my 48 hours trying to fix it.

Is there any way that I can get my free game time back? I really want to try this game out.

Message 28 of 44 (2,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Great work mate!!!!!!!! It worked!! and easy to understand too! Standard smile

Message 29 of 44 (2,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU !

Message 30 of 44 (1,873 Views)