Titan fall server issues

by waza88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titan fall server issues

★ Novice

Ok I bought this game about a month ago after I tried the 48h gametime offer.

I played exlusively 8v8 skirmish when it was available.

I don't know was it reduced stress on serverside for not having titans around or what but I did not really notice how badly servers start to lag.

My first complaint is that Skirmish got removed. I pretty much bought the game becouse of this game mode and had no idea it was going to be removed.

Second complaint is the terrible lag compensation that is used to ruin the game for those who have proper connections and decent latency.

I mean why would you use client side hit detection to allow people with high latency to have advantage over low latency players?

Getting hit by rocket launcher while holding vortex shield and capturing the rocket is BS. Often I get killed behind corners or die in an instant someone comes around corner without having any time to reach not to mention getting stepped on by incoming titan while jumping on its back.

The prediction system allready causes confusion while trying to aim fast moving pilots close range.

There is also very noticeable delay between the actual death of killed pilot and it registering on your screen causing the emptying of full clip for every target.

Third complaint is the servers! These servers do not have capability to run this game!  Either data connection is insufficient or there is not enough processing power. Wouldn't supprise me if the server code itself is buggy.

Every match in full server is quaranteed to lag and quite often even 4v4 matches lag. When this happens weird stuff starts to happen. Lag compensation itself is enough to make this game barely playable against high ping players but to add to that these servers can double or triple that lag and make even good connection feel like a bad one.

Fourth complaint is that I quite often get server connection error booting me back to main menu and when I reconnect I sometimes find that I have lost game progression. Sometimes just one match but sometimes hour or more worth of gametime. I mean come on these servers are cloud based "dedicated" servers that are susposed to be fool proof right? Why not just give us server browsers and customizeable community servers along with free choice of gamemodes. I mean it's nice to have oversized chickens flying around the gameworld but at the expense of proper tickrate and sufficient processing power to have enjoyable experience it is just not worth it.

Now my big questions

Are we going to get proper servers or atleast lag free servers to play on?

Would it be impossible to provide different servers for those who have high latency connection?

Is this server caused lag something that is known and will it get fixed?

I can see how average Joe playing on xbox might not see the problems or even question why he gets stomped by a titan midair but using a game engine designed for competive gaming and providing the possibility for accurate client server communication then failing to deliver is just beyond my understanding.

Message 1 of 4 (1,426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titan fall server issues

Community Manager (retired)

I am sorry but Answer HQ is a place where experienced gamer can help other players with mostly technical issues. We are not a place for complaints. I recommend to jump over to the official Respawn forum if you want to share your opinion regarding the servers in Titanfall: www.respawn.com/forum

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,524 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

I am sorry but Answer HQ is a place where experienced gamer can help other players with mostly technical issues. We are not a place for complaints. I recommend to jump over to the official Respawn forum if you want to share your opinion regarding the servers in Titanfall: www.respawn.com/forum

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 4 (1,525 Views)

★ Novice

I did have some valid questions.

For some reason it seems you think I'm just sharing my opinions which is kind of funny when everything I said is a fact that can be proven!

Thank you for pointing out respawn forums.

Message 3 of 4 (1,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having constant server issues problems with this game as well, I clicked on that link 'The Bastion' put up but got a 404 error code come up.

So what is going on with the servers because we are now in 2017 and this post was published in 2014 and there are still problems!!!

Does EA care about it customers I do I have to now start boycotting all EA games due to them seemingly wanting to rip off their customers.

Message 4 of 4 (1,258 Views)