This Server Can Only Be Connected to Via Matchmaking

by xXdream_stareXx

Original Post

This Server Can Only Be Connected to Via Matchmaking

★★★★ Novice
Hi, about a month ago I bought Titanfall, and it wouldn't connect me to ago game for about the first 3 weeks, it would say connection to server timed out. But now that I've fixed that and I've played a few games, it give me another saying "this server can only be connected to via matchmaking" and I don't know what to do or how to fix this. Because there isn't any threads or four ms on this topic.

Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 13 (531 Views)

Re: This Server Can Only Be Connected to Via Matchmaking

Community Manager

@xXdream_stareXx Hi, what system are you on? You mention your other issue, what steps did you need to take to fix that?

Does the error show up every time or is it an intermittent thing? Are you trying to join on friends or are you just connecting via the standard matchmaking?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 13 (516 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am on PC, i fixed the connection timing error by putting my router/modem into a DMZ.

The error I'm having now shows up every time I try to join a standard matchmaking game. I haven't tried connecting to a friend yet because of this.

Message 3 of 13 (476 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update. For some reason your posts were getting caught as spam, but this shouldn't happen any more. 

As for resolving this, it sounds like your router is the factor here. Have you power cycled it since this issue started to occur? I'd guess so, if you've gone to the steps of creating a DMZ. 

I'm not sure it'll help, but rather than the DMZ, perhaps opening the specific ports will help?

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/titanfall/titanfall/online-ports-to-open-for-titanfall/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 13 (473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, ok, I think the reason for that is I never got a verification email. So it was marking them as spam.

With my issue; Yes I have power cycled my router, and opened all the ports, I've even tried going from a wired connection to a wireless and back again. Resetting my PC didn't affect it either.

I'm not all too sure what it could be.

Message 5 of 13 (461 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, do you have another system to hand that you could install the game to? I'd be interested to determine if the issue is with the router or with something on your system itself. 

If this isn't an option, if you're playing on a laptop you could try connecting to another network as a test 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 13 (451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I wish did though, I'm playing on a desktop PC, and I've already tried connecting several different networks.

Message 7 of 13 (442 Views)

Community Manager

I see, thanks. If you've tried connecting different networks at least that discounts your router as a source of issues. 

Can you try restarting your system with a Clean Boot, then disable both your anti-virus and Firewall, then just launch the game and try again?

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 13 (434 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Should I disable antivirus and firewall first?

Message 9 of 13 (427 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm testing it now
Message 10 of 13 (419 Views)