[Solved] Failed to Initialize Origin.

by Jeremy974_US

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Solved] Failed to Initialize Origin.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Okay, so today I wanted to play Titanfall after I changed my motherboard (approximately 10 days ago), I managed to uninstall Origin, remove the associated Registry Keys then reinstall the client, unfortunately all my Origin games blacked out for no reasons (Uninstalled themselves), I reinstalled Titanfall to play it and I suddenly fell on that error (even if Origin initialized correctly

)

Engine Error

Failed to initialize Origin, Couldn't find Origin installation folder. (error 0a020008)

I have Origin running at all times, also this problem of Origin not initialized happens on other EA Titles except Crysis 3 (only C3.exe works in my case), I tried removing all cache folders to check if it was a cache issue nothing did the trick.

Please help me to fix that.

Also I did forgot to mention that I'm running on a freshly installed Insider Preview of Windows 10 Pro (Build 14366 Redstone 1).

So it's not a problem with the installation of Windows because games on other platforms work as usual and even better than before, it's just 99% of my EA Titles that cannot run because of Origin not being initialized or Installation folder that can't be found somehow.

Friendly,

Ethan "Jeremy974_US" Woods

Message 1 of 4 (2,877 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Failed to Initialize Origin.

Community Manager

@Jeremy974_US

Please try the following manual uninstall/reinstall procedure posted by @EA_Kristi

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Can-t-Download-Games-from-Origin-Error-196632-0/m-p/3805461#M88210

Let us know if this helps you or not, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,227 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Jeremy974_US

Please try the following manual uninstall/reinstall procedure posted by @EA_Kristi

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Can-t-Download-Games-from-Origin-Error-196632-0/m-p/3805461#M88210

Let us know if this helps you or not, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (3,228 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There we go, everything's come back to normal, the issues are resolved in any means. Thanks again for the solutions ^^

Message 3 of 4 (2,857 Views)

Community Manager

@Jeremy974_US

You are welcome, thanks for letting us know your issue is resolved.

barry.png
Message 4 of 4 (2,834 Views)