[Solved] 2x GTX 970's FPS dropped 75% after enabling SLI

by pyr0ball

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Solved] 2x GTX 970's FPS dropped 75% after enabling SLI

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been playing on a single GTX 970 for a few months and generally get decent framerates . I just dropped a second GTX 970 into my system and went about testing out my favorite games. Going into this, I didnt realize the lack of Multi-GPU support in Titanfall, but I realize there are games that don't utilize SLi tech. What's suprising me is that I've gone from 70-120fps down to 30fps or less.

I followed this guide to address the issues, but so far the only way I've been able to resolve the low framerate is to completely disable SLi from the NVCP. There are other games I would like to use with SLi Enabled, so having to constantly close all of my applications to turn it on and off is a big hassle.

Is there any other option for forcing Titanfall to ignore SLi? Using a profile with "SingleGPU" didnt work, nor did forcing the same in nVidia Inspector. Also I've been googling around and found a bunch of articles about Titanfall enabling SLI and Multi-GPU support from back last year. What happened with that?

System specs:

Windows 8 x64 (not 8.1)

2x EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX.20

i7-3770k @4.2

32GB G.Skill 1600mhz DDR3

ASRock Extreme6/TB4

[edit] Reddit saves the day! Disabling Sterioscopic 3D in the nVidia control panel solved the issue. Apparently it was still causing issues even when disabled within the game.

Message 1 of 2 (639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Solved] 2x GTX 970's FPS dropped 75% after enabling SLI

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated and have fun playing. I will mark the issue as solved, as it will it make easier for other players to find your solution.

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (666 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Solved] 2x GTX 970's FPS dropped 75% after enabling SLI

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated and have fun playing. I will mark the issue as solved, as it will it make easier for other players to find your solution.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 2 (667 Views)