Smart pistol, either remove it or change it

by -0-Hakaari-0-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Smart pistol, either remove it or change it

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

There are several reasons why you should change or remove the smartpistol from the game.

first and foremost, people are starting to leave your game because of it being a gamebreaking weapon, what is the point of using a burn card when there are 6/8 people running around with smartpistols and the second you show up you are dead because of a amped one with a lock-time of 1.3 seconds...wtf?

there are some other changes you could implement in order to make it semi-not-so-op anymore:

1. remove locking onto cloaked targets

very few things are as annoying as someone running blindly into a room and you got a good hidingspot while defending a node or a flag, then they instantly know where you are withouth even looking because the damn thing locks onto every damn thing in the room.

2. increase lock-times depending on how far the crosshairs are from the hitboxes

this would teach the newer players how to aim with other weapons as well as the smartpistol, and the veterans that have spent hours after hours practicing this game would actually have the edge they SHOULD have.

3.implement a variety gamemode withouth smartpistols as a beta and see which one people prefer playing.

fail to heed any of these, and I promise you that the game will eventually go down the drain because you implemented a weapon that is too op, it was probably a great idea on the drawingboard for new players....but a **bleep** idea and a horrendous treatement of the people that have actually spent some time in your game.

The second another Fps with parkour options hits the market, your game is going to die because of this weapon.

Message 1 of 5 (984 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Smart pistol, either remove it or change it

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for your feedback. Please keep in mind that Answer HQ is a platform where experienced gamer can help other players with mostly technical issues. To discuss your feedback with our community and the Respawn developers, I recommend to jump over to the official Respawn forum: www.respawn.com/forum

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,061 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for your feedback. Please keep in mind that Answer HQ is a platform where experienced gamer can help other players with mostly technical issues. To discuss your feedback with our community and the Respawn developers, I recommend to jump over to the official Respawn forum: www.respawn.com/forum

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 5 (1,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i would so much love to see your ideas for changes ingame. even with those points mentioned the smart pistol still would be one of the strongest weapons...

sady this topic is still up to date after that long time the game is released!

so i come to reply and add my suggestions:

1) remove locking unless you at least once moved your crosshair over the hitbox of an enemy when using the smart pistol!

2) increse lock-times depending on how far the crosshair is from the hitbox EXTREMELY!

3) please add that gamemode without smart pistols... i begin losing fun on the game more and more because of this weapon (as well as my friends)...

i first thought this weapon was a joke by the developer.. there are two main elements of this game: movement and  aiming. guess what the smart pistol does...

-- i´m not a flamer. i´d loved to get as.s- kicked by any good players out there if i noticed their skill and get the chance to learn by watching the action replay!

ps. sorry, noticed to late this is a tech support forum.. but it still was a benefaction to write it Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (927 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm really not a fan of the Smart-Pistol. The weapon make me enjoy the game much less. I hope we don't see the return of the weapon in the sequel.

Message 4 of 5 (879 Views)

★ Novice

The problem with the smart pistol is that too many people are using it now. It ruins the flow and the fun of the game. 

Adding a gamemode without it would split the community and if I was in charge I wouldn't want that.

Not seeing this happen.

Just don't bring it back in the sequel please.

Message 5 of 5 (795 Views)