Server Error - Client Desynchronization?!!?! (XBOX 360)

by JanFrancis3

Original Post

Server Error - Client Desynchronization?!!?! (XBOX 360)

★★★ Newbie

I can start matchmaking and gameplay just fine. It's just that I get disconnected

after only 2 minutes of playing EVERY TIME AND THEN I GET THAT DUMB MESSAGE!

I can play all my other games just fine so I know it's not on my end. Don't tell

me I wasted $60.00 on this **bleep**. I'm tired of reading all this **bleep** about

connectivity solutions that we should do. IT'S NOT US, IT'S YOU EA!

Message 1 of 19 (9,511 Views)

Re: Server Error - Client Desynchronization?!!?! (XBOX 360)

Community Manager (retired)

I will provide you several workarounds, please accept as a solution if one of following steps helped you to solve this issue. If not, please respond that we can look for other possible solutions.

To make sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Redownload the updates for the game. NOTE: Not all games have a Title Update File.

1. From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select Hard Drive Device by pressing A.
  5. Select Games and Apps.
  6. Select Game Title.
  7. Delete Title Update File.
  8. Restart Game.
  9. Download the update when prompted.

Cheers                                                                                                                                                                       
Basti

Message 2 of 19 (9,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well I did both methods and I was able to get through one full game for the first time, but I am still getting disconnected with the same error and message.
Message 3 of 19 (9,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The standard solutions provided above for this problem are not working...I think that is pretty much established by now. 

I have two options to connect to the internet. One is our standard home network through a local ISP and the other is through a mobile hotspot (Galaxy Nexus, T-mobile, 4g).

Home network:

I get an excellent ping to the US West data center (~40ms) but experience the same problem you described...at some random point I get kicked out off the game. We have enough bandwidth on this connection to stream two Netflix shows simultaneously. The Xbox 360 is hooked up to the Internet using a bridged connection through my PC. It does not matter whether I have the complete bandwidth available or not. It would make sense when the problem only occurs in cases where I have to share the internet connection.

Mobile hotspot:

Although I get a higher ping on this connection (~80ms), I rarely get dropped from a game. This has become my method of choice to play Titanfall at the moment. 

IMO, a good ping does not necessarily indicate a stable connection (at least in my case). Maybe an actual speed test would be more meaningful. I think the problem in may case is related to my local ISP and how they route the traffic to the MS Azure cloud. There is apparently no problem with the Netflix service (Amazon cloud).

Message 4 of 19 (9,438 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just a quick update:

Binge played Titanfall the whole evening, while connected through my mobile hot spot (US west ping: ~70ms)....not a single dropped game.

Then I connected the Xbox 360 through my home network (US west ping: ~35ms). Although I was the only one using our bandwidth, the game showed severe lag and I eventually got disconnected.

Reconnected the Xbox 360 to the mobile hot spot .... no problems whatsoever

IMO, all the reported issues related to "server error, client desynchronization" point to a problem with the ISP and how they route the traffic to the MS Azure cloud (or whatever subset EA/Respawn was allocated by MS). 

Message 5 of 19 (9,428 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Spoke to soon..same problem on the mobile hotspot now. Will hold off buying DLC until EA/Respawn comes up with some real solution instead of the BS they are pushing here. 

Message 6 of 19 (9,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue has been a problem since day 1 release for the x1. 

Tell you handlers to stop fixing the dumb **bleep** and fix the MAJOR problems with this game. I do not have this problem for ANY other gamse I own and play online. If this is the effort and quality EA puts into making its games then I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER 1 OF YOUR **bleep** PRODUCTS AGAIN.

FIX IT!!!!

Message 7 of 19 (9,400 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still no fix from EA/Respawn. The frustrating thing is, that I can play hours without any problems and then, without apparent reason, the game becomes unplayable (server timeout, lag).

I will try playing until my Xbox live subscription runs out and then upgrade to a PS4.

Dedicated servers are pretty much useless, if you are unable to make them available when they are needed. Does anybody now who manages the cloud service for EA/Respawn/MS. I know the PS4 cloud service is managed by Rigthscale.

Message 8 of 19 (9,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I wasn't having any problems until the **bleep**s showed up with the hacks/mods/cheats. This **bleep** is old.
Message 9 of 19 (8,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your workaround does not work. What next? Titanfall has been problematic since purchased. We shouldn't have to work this hard to use your product.

Message 10 of 19 (8,166 Views)