Persistent mid-game crash - "materialsystems dx11" issue?

by MrMiddcore

Original Post

Re: Persistent "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" crash

★★ Novice

Add another voice to the choir.

Gtx Titan

Intel i7 990x

24 GB DDR3

Message 71 of 734 (1,246 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Question, are you all on Windows 8? I'm gonna try compatibility mode for windows 7 and report back my results.

Message 72 of 734 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll jump on this crashing bandwagon

Intel Core i5 3570K

Geforce GTX 670 FTW

12GB RAM

Running on a SSD

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

I installed the latest nvidia drivers after the problem started yesterday, which  made no difference.  I crash as soon as the intro videos finish almost every time, with one exception being yesterday after my driver updated.  In that instance, I made it to the victory screen of a round, but never made it back to lobby before crashing again, and now crashing at startup again.

I'm reinstalling the game on my HD now to see if that changes my luck in any way.  For what it's worth, I had this same exact problem with BF4 when it released.  It worked for the first play session, but then crashed anytime I loaded it up after that.  Is there any connection between TF and BF4 other than Origin/EA ?

Message 73 of 734 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a simmilar issue in BF4... I think it must be a Win 8 problem. 

Message 74 of 734 (1,211 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am on Windows 7, as I said in the original post.

Message 75 of 734 (1,207 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm thinking it's something about the version of DX Titanfall installs, I had zero issues with my PC and now after all of this crap I also just had a crash in Metro LL with the same type of error. It may not be devs fault but this didn't happen before Titanfall.

Message 76 of 734 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you tried other games?

Message 77 of 734 (1,194 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think i've noticed some minor performance issues but I mean the event viewer in windows is reporting it's related to dx11, the dx11 installer in the _Installers folder does "nothing" at all when you try to run it, and full driver reinstalles, etc. do nothing to fix the issue. Just want a response....

Message 78 of 734 (1,190 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had the issue too sometimes I can play about 4 matches before it happens sometimes I can only get through one and as soon as the second one starts bam. It's very frustrating because all I want to do is play the game but at this point I think I might just want a refund if this doesnt get resolved because it's just too frustrating at this point.

Message 79 of 734 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm getting the same issues. I managed to get some rounds in before it crashed yesterday and I had a ton of fun so if this issue could be resolved that would be great! If it helps I'm running on windows 8.1 with an AMD graphics card.
Message 80 of 734 (1,165 Views)