Persistent mid-game crash - "materialsystems dx11" issue?

by MrMiddcore

Original Post

Re: Persistent mid-game crash - "materialsystems dx11" issue?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue here, I can't even have 3 games in a row without my whole rig freezing up... 

Message 721 of 734 (1,610 Views)

★★★ Novice

Looks like no one gives a **bleep** about this issue. 

Message 722 of 734 (1,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue! its now the 19th of october 2014 and still this **bleeping** problem is going on. I have a PC that has 32 Gigs of ram

Nvidia TITAN graphics card 4 gbs and  3 Tb of space and I cant run Titanfall! So This is the problem whenever I run the game the first screen I see is 

Blueish screen With EA sign on it then all goes white the says TITANFALL.EXE IS NOT RESPONDING! EA FFS do something!!!!!!! 1 YEAR ALREADY PASSED!

Message 723 of 734 (1,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Miraculously, the issue dissapears when you underclock or overvolt the gtx660.

So, we're dealing with a chip errata where EA hasn't worked around yet.

Message 724 of 734 (1,507 Views)

Re: Persistent "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" crash

★★★ Newbie

That seemed to work for about 5 or so hours of gameplay. It started happening again and has since persisted.

Message 725 of 734 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup, Im having it too.  Constantly.  Can barely play ONE DANG MATCH.  Tied every fix I've seen so far, and NOTHING.  I got this game as a christmas gift from my gf...I'd like to actually PLAY IT!  Hey EA!  How about stepping up to the plate for once???

Message 726 of 734 (1,124 Views)

★★ Novice
I recently upgraded my rig from amd fx 8350 to Intel i5 4690k and all of a sudden this problem appears. Been playing 40 to 50 hrs without issues on my old platform. I think it is connected to overclocking in some form because yesterday i played three rounds of attrition and that worked. Today i have been tuning the system and almost all matches after ended in a crash. At first i thought it was because of my memory clock (every game chrashed) so i changed it back to stock then i could play some matches but after a while it crashed on me again. Unfortunately i then was convinced it was because i hadn't installed the program properly (i moved the old game installation files to the fresh Windows 8.1 install) so i totally erased the game and started to download it again. What i should have done though was that I should have reset my gpu clock. I had the same graphics cards in my old rig but they were not overclocked then. I will try again tomorrow with no clock and a fresh installation...
Message 727 of 734 (1,086 Views)

★★ Novice

Thought the issue was solved but now it chrashed again, played on and off today never more than two matches i a row but thi last game it chrashed. It worked flawless on my amd-rig, can it be intel-related? 

Message 728 of 734 (1,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just hopping through all threads like this posting a fix I implemented and got working after a year (since first patch after launch) of having it.  If you have 1-2GB of video memory (not including system), your graphics might be too high.  I did everything you have all done and probably more.  Upgraded from Vista 64 Ultimate to WIn 7 64 bit, no go.  Upgraded from 8GB of RAM to 16GB, no go but system did run my other games more smoother.

Final was a lead I was chasing down about texture memory usage and found out what it was.  I posted a link to my post elsewhere below as to not type it all out again.  If you have a 1-2 GB card, check it out, give it a try and if it works, advertise it so we all can get to playing this game that is now fun and now completely annoying.

http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/if-you-have-graphical-issues-read-this.689/page-6

Message 729 of 734 (1,069 Views)

★★ Novice

WOW! 

Does this look cool or what!

I got an FPS guy and I am picking off these here minions!

I GOT A ROBOT! 

Woot!

That was fun.

I tried to play Titanfall.

I was really getting into it when i got an error:  materialsystems_dx11.dll. 

OK maybe I just need to tweak something to get this game going...

I've tried turning all the video settings to recommended.

I've tried turning all the video settings to low or off and running the game as low as possible.

I've tried running the game in a borderless window.

I've tried setting the Nvidia control panel to single display.

I've tried turning vsynch off in nvidia and letting the game do it.

I've tried everything.but farting...

Not good enough:

reformatted HD

reinstalled os

DX11 reinstalled with the clean OS install

reinstalled fresh and clean GPU drivers

installed Origin and Titanfall from scratch

HARDWARE:

core 2 duo

4 gigs ram

gtx 650 ti

stock, but the advertised minimum requirements for Titanfall are more than met and EVERY OTHER GAME IN THE WORLD WORKS JUST FINE

...and I AM STILL CRASHING with a materialsystems_dx11.dll error

It is not me.

This is a KNOWN ERROR since day one but I see 73 pages of posts here and there are still no solutions?

WTF?

Message 730 of 734 (972 Views)