Re: Performance issues

by EA_David

Original Post

Performance issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Titanfall doesn't really run very well for me. I'm playing free 2-day trial version. I can do Battlefield 4 on Ultra, maxed settings with no problems on same system.

I saw a three year old thread saying it's because it's unoptimized - is this what's wrong, they never optimized it?

Thank you for any replies!

Message 1 of 4 (616 Views)

Community Manager

@ApheiroxHey, can you post your dxdiag? Titanfall is generally considered to run very well, I know I have many hours with it running smoothly on relatively underpowered hardware. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

At a guess the most common cause for a large performance discrepancy is if your system isn't using your discrete graphics card and is instead swapping to an integrated chipset. Some of them can still run the game, but not very well. 

Also I edited out the bottom part of the post, it's not relevant to anything we'll be doing on AHQ. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (597 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, I won't post my dxdiag because just a simple web search for 'titanfall performance' finds a thread that explains my issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Titanfall-refuses-to-use-Nvidia-card/td-p/2485146

This issue and your whole conduct regarding my thread here to me once again showcases why EA has such a deservedly wretched reputation: You aren't better educated about the game you presume to provide support for than to go to a standardized 'post dxdiag' response, EA ignores peoples' problems (as displayed by above three year old thread), you delete content from my tiny post that is of absolutely no harm or consequence to this board and to top it off you then have the audacity to declare that my problem has been 'solved' and that your response is 'accepted' when it is anything but.

I hope you will have the integrity to not also delete this "inappropriate" post so that people can use the above link to discover the cause of the problem they're likely to have because it still hasn't been fixed here three years later. A more appropriate course of action would be actually forwarding report on the nature of this issue so that a much-delayed patch can be deployed to fix a critical issue that has gone reported but ignored for three years or more.

Message 3 of 4 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I don't think that tone is warranted, I asked for more information while identifying the source of the issue. 

I can see why someone may have issue with it being marked as solution, and we'll unmark when requested. It's unmarked now. 

The thread in question is over 3 years old, and doesn't appear to be relevant any more. There's no further patching needed. 

I'll lock the thread as you don't seem to want help. 

The content of your previous post was removed as it's nothing to do with gaming or AHQ. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (561 Views)