PC loading maps very slow after patch

by IamTHEwoog

Original Post

PC loading maps very slow after patch

★★ Apprentice

Since the patch I'm now one of the last ones to load and before I was one of the first.  I can't even make it into the first round of Last Titan Standing.

Win 7 ultimate 64bit

AMD FX 8120  (8-core @ 3.1GHz)

16 GB ram

GeForce GTX 760  running game @ 1920x1080 60Hz   driver: 335.23

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB    (~200GB free)

I've tried repairing the game and still the same.   No changes have been made to the computer since the patch.

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 14 (3,825 Views)

Re: PC loading maps very slow after patch

★ Novice

I'm having a very similar issue. I never get the drop ship scene anymore. I've only played Attrition so I can't say if it happens in other modes. I will join the match in progress, it takes between 1 min 30secs to almost 2 mins to load up the match. My specs:

Intel i5 750 OC'd 3.2GHz

8 gb ram

Windows 7

5870 1 gb (1920x1080)

500 gb HD (about 100 gb free)

I haven't tried to repair the game yet though. This happened right after the patch and note that I only OC'd the processor when this happened, it was originally running at 2.66 GHz.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 14 (3,789 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue here.

I do manage to load pretty quick and still get the dropship sequence, but it is definitely slower than before the patch. 

Message 3 of 14 (3,780 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not a problem just you are having.

Message 4 of 14 (3,771 Views)

★ Novice

I have asked others in game lobbies and others are having similar issues. There must be some common factor between those having the issue and those who aren't. I've tried everything, including working with support and will need to re-contact them as the steps they told me to try, didn't work.

I wish there was simply a quick thing to fix - graphics card or something ... but it seems that it's not the case, so there must be multiple items affecting this.

Message 5 of 14 (3,763 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for your feedback. Are here more people who run Titanfall on a SSD hard drive?

Please try following workarounds:

Cheers                                                                                    

Basti

Message 6 of 14 (3,745 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That didn't work.  Please advise.

Message 7 of 14 (3,735 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have wiped my machine and installed Win 8.1 Pro and Titanfall and nothing else and I'm still getting the same result.  Please advise.

Message 8 of 14 (3,702 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here. Before the patch I always see the dropship sequence. Now only in campaign mode...

Message 9 of 14 (3,662 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Uninstalled game and reinstalled it on to my secondary hard drive that is not an SSD.  Still have same issue.

Please respond.

Message 10 of 14 (3,651 Views)